chapter 18- Happy birthday!

(Please don't be a ghost! vote/rate/comment. TY so much!)

---2 WEEKS LATER---

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" Ash shouts, landing on my bed with a thud. I laugh and look around for her present. "Not till the meal. " she laughs, noticing me looking.

I pout.

They've all organised some dinner in a resturant later. Me, Ash, Dylan, Hollie, Ryan and Luke. Darren sent me a new summer coat and card from him and his fiancée, Emma.

"Why cant I know where we're going?" I ask and notice the rainy day outside.

"Because you'll be happy with it and it's a nice surprise." She says. "Get dressed."

I get dressed quickly, hearing laughter from downstairs fill the house. I enter the kitchen to see them all there, smiling.

"How'd you all get in my house?" I say, and they all laugh.

"I found your key." Ashley says and wraps her arms around Ryan who appears to be cooking.

"Oh. So what are we doing on this miserable day?" I say, a little glumly.

A lot actually.

We head into town after breakfast pancakes, Ryan's specialty, and arrive at the massive indoor center. After we head inside and Ryan points to the giant sign. 'LAZER TAG!'

I laugh. "Actually?"

"Of course!" Hollie says and pulls me towards it. We get these stupid looking suit things and guns. It's just us today. We go into groups of three's.

Me, Ash and Hollie with Dylan, Luke and Ryan.

After a few games, Hollie and Dylan are tired but our competitive streaks are coming out. There's only one game between us. A tie.

"I wont lose to these two!" Ash exclaims as we enter the neon lit dark room. The boys smirk at us. I smirk back.

"Get ready to lose ladies." I say and turn on my heel. We wait until the horn goes and hide. The boys approach, their footsteps loud. We jump up and shoot them. Their guns are disabled as we run and hide again. Ryan shoots Ash as we turn the corner and her suit glows brightly, giving us away. She runs the other way, leading them away.

I go up high, watching them but not making my move. Ash's pack has reset. We only have to shoot them once more. She nods at me and jumps out, shooting Ryan. Luke shoots her and I shoot him from above.

"GAME OVER. GAME OVER." A loud voice states and I squeal in happiness. We won!

As we exit the Laser Tag, the boys claim they 'went easy on us.'

We, of course, 'agree' trying to save their last shred of dignity.

Everyone pulls me upstairs to the arcade. I laugh, thinking of my love of arcades a few years ago. I used to tell Ash the whole time.

We enter and all decide to win as many tickets as possible and add them all together. I go to the basketball with Ryan and Dylan. I get 30 tickets. We do this (and other games) for an hour or so before Ash checks her phone and says we need to go. It takes us a good few minutes to put all the tickets in a machine. We have 1100 points. I tell Hollie she can pick something as I saw she had her eye on this little cute sign thing. She hugs me and- obviously- choses it.

We head out the building after that and they blindfold me. I laugh as i'm bundled in the back with Ashley and Hollie. We drive for fifteen minutes before we stop. Luke takes my hand and leads me inside. They gently take off my blindfold and step back, watching my face.