Chapter 5- Seven minutes in Heaven leads to a Cinderella move

A/N at end lovelies x

'Are you insane like me?
Been in pain like me?
Bought a hundred dollar bottle
Of champagne like me
Just to pour that motherf**ker
Down the drain like me
Would you use your water bill
To dry the stain like me?'

(**)

I drag through the day slowly, my eyes becoming more and more sleepy. I literally cannot understand why school has to start so early- there is no way I'm going to concentrate. It doesn't help that Luke never shuts up, so I can barely get any work done. 

When I get in to English, he's already there. He laughs at something Cody says and I give a small smile to myself. I collapse into the seat beside him and notice his notes out looking so unorganised it practically makes me shiver. 

"So, my little detective partner." He begins and I roll my eyes. Sam has been off for almost two weeks, so neither of us have had a chance to confront him. I didn't feel like going to his house as his mom would ask me to stay and it'd be incredibly awkward. "I saw Sam today."

"You did?" I turn to him, surprised. I knew he'd come back eventually, I just wasn't really sure when I guess. "You didn't say anything, right?" 

"Nah. I gave him my best death stare however." He smiles, obviously finding himself very amusing. 

"Wow, I'm very proud of the restraint." I reply, trying to ignore the look Mr Grande is giving us. Poor guy moved Luke here in the hope we'd both work quietly. Welp. 

"Well, I think this calls for buying me a milkshake." He leans on the desk, grinning at me. He picks up my pen and twiddles it around his fingers, waiting for my reply.

"Mmm, I don't think so." I pluck it out of his hands and he frowns, disappointed. "Besides, you're the one with the big fancy house and the money. Maybe you should buy me one."

"Well, since it's almost Christmas I guess I can splurge a little on you Fray." 

"Oh my god, a whole $2.50? On me? You're honestly too kind." I mock, batting my eyelashes at him. He laughs, drumming on the desk. 

"Anyway, we're confronting Sam today? Yes?" He checks and I nod. "Great. We'll grab that milkshake after."

"Fine." I reply, pretending to be bored. He just grins more. 

{**}

Ash is shaking like a excited puppy that lunchtime, waiting for us all to sit down. I sneak a glance at Karina's table, noticing Luke there. He's chatting away to Ryan, either totally oblivious to Karina hanging off his arm or pretending not to notice. I hope it's the latter. 

"It's less than a week until Christmas! Are you guys excited?"

I'm packing my stuff to go to Ash's for Christmas. Luckily, because she lives close I don't have to pack a lot. If I need anything I can obviously go home. Its just going to be me, her, her sister and mother. Her Mom and Dad got divorced years ago. Both are super rich, and while her mom chose a nice, suburban house with fancy decor and her daughters, her Dad went for 25 year old models and a huge mansion near the city. Ashley doesn't have the best relationship with him.

"Sort of." Hollie mutters, twiddling her fork. "It's just me and my mom. You know how she can be, especially around the holidays."

Hollie's mom is also single, but her dad left them one Christmas and never came back. This made her mom fiercely protective over her, especially when it comes to boys. Her grandma lives with them and can usually keep the peace between the two, but she's going on a retirement cruise with her fiance meaning it's just Hollie and her mom alone.