part 17- Not For Long

"Finally. The day didn't even start yet here they are!" I rubbed the back of my head, trying to calm myself down. "Why are they like this? How did this all start? If they become even clingier... It would become impossible to keep them away from me. I'm afraid things will become violent."

Then the horrible thought got to me.

"What if Taehyung and Jungkook get dragged into this? Hell...What if they drag themselves into this? And my family..."

I only have a mom and a dad. No siblings, unfortunately. Mom and dad said that siblings are only annoying and will bring me nothing but trouble. My parents and I don't talk with each other much, but when we do, we talk freely and you can hear the love and appreciation we have towards each other.

"Even though I should keep away from them, I need to set boundaries..." I wondered while walking into the bathroom. My leg wasn't broken from the first day I've met them, it just... hurt a lot, I guess?

"Y/n..." I heard Yeonjun from behind me.

"Bwah!" I yelled and turned around in a karate mode.

"Sorry about what Taehyun did..." He said and looked down. "He was crying the whole night thinking why he did that."

"W-What?..." I hesitated, but kept myself in a karate position.

"Can you put your arms down, I promise I won't do anything without your permission." He put his hands in mine softly, bringing them down slowly. His warmth clamed me down, but I still suspected him.

"I don't really have much time..." I said. Kai will probably pass out if I wouldn't return in like three seconds.

"He cares... We all care. When Taehyun was crying, it hurt us all to watch him, not being able to say anything that will get his spirits up... Except of reminding him that we will see you tomorrow again." He looked into my eyes. His eyes were watering and his lip started quivering. The shimmer in his eyes had gotten stronger and it was sending glitters to coat his brown eyes like stars. He was about to move closer to me, but then stopped himself.

"May I hug you?" He asked. I heard in his voice that he felt stupid, but he had no choice. His feeling of needing the hug was stronger than any stupid feeling he had inside.

When I looked at him, he seemed like a little boy who lost his teddy bear. A one that tripped and fell, then ran to his mom to kiss it better. I felt the need to help him better.

"Yes." I opened my arms. He was surprised at my answer, but the looks of surprise turned to sad eyes in a second.

He let out a small whine and charged at me with a hug. He buried his face on my shoulder and started to cry in there. I caressed his back, trying to comfort him, but nothing would work at this point.

"We love you so much." He sobbed, "We don't know why that just happened... At first, we thought that it can't be real, but we couldn't shake it off and it had gotten worse. We're so confused, Y/n..." He drew away to face me. His puffy red eyes and tear stained cheeks made my heart clench. A tear ran down his cheek, "We're so scared."

"Yeonjun..." I mumbled, wiping his tears away. He leaned into my hand and closed his eyes. We stayed like that for a couple seconds before he opened his eyes and looked into my eyes again. The pink shimmer was now making glowing starts in his brown eyes, almost blinding me with unnatural beauty.

"Y/n..." He caressed my cheek with his warm hand. "May I kiss you?"

I couldn't help but blush. His arm sneaked behind my lower back while the other stayed on my cheek. I thought about it for a minute, and he stayed patient, staring at my features, studying them.

"N-Not for long..." I mumbled. It was enough for him to close the gap between us.

He stopped a few centimeters away from my lips. He took in a quick second to enjoy the moment, to appreciate the fact that I'm in his arms.