six

Jiwon nervously glanced between Yiren and Aisha as they waited for their orders in the café. Even though she considered herself friends with Yiren, the two have barely hang out, and it was almost like they were acquaintances again. But Aisha? She was a complete stranger.

"Oh, I promise Aisha isn't mean at all!" Yiren said suddenly. She must've noticed Jiwon's looks. "She's just tall and looks intimidating!"

Aisha chuckled, as if anybody finding a 5'8 girl who wears leather jackets and piercings and must have a tattoo somewhere (Jiwon swears she saw a bit of color on Aisha's back) was the most ridiculous thing. "I promise I don't bite. Any friend of Yiren's is a friend of mine."

Yeah, that didn't reassure Jiwon in the slightest. So she just gave them a tight-lipped smile before their waitress came and gave them their orders.

Now that she thought about it, she's not entirely sure why she asked to hang out in the first place. She didn't know Aisha, and she wasn't entirely sure if Yiren even cared about her problems. Sure, she needed insight from another person, but were they the right people?

"So what's wrong, unnie?" Yiren asked after taking a bite from the cake slice her and Aisha got to share.

Jiwon stirred her mug of coffee, despite all the sugar being dissolved in it a good twenty seconds ago. Should she ask them? No. They'd probably say the same thing Sihyun says.

"Nothing," she lied, giving them a fake smile. "I just missed you is all."

Yiren put a hand to her heart and gave Jiwon an 'awwww', to which Aisha smiled at.

"We all do," Jiwon continued. "Well, I know Sihyun and I do. And Eunji," she added, but couldn't help the bitterness that seeped into her girlfriend's name. If they're even still dating.

"Oof, I can taste the bite from over here," Aisha said. "Aren't you two dating?"

Yiren answered "yeah" the same time Jiwon said "kind of". It was silent for a beat as Yiren turned confused eyes towards her friend.

"What's wrong with you and Eunji? Are you guys having a fight?"

Jiwon was quick to shake her head, a fake smile on her lips. But the pair could easily tell she was lying by the way their expressions didn't change, and Jiwon sighed before dropping the act.

"Fine. That's kind of why I wanted to talk to you. Well you two now, I guess." Jiwon continued to absentmindedly stir her cooking coffee, staring down at the wooden table. "We haven't been...close lately. I don't know why. She goes off with Serim a lot, and they're really close, which shouldn't bother me because they're friends, but I can't help it. And I don't want to go accusing Eunji of cheating when I have no proof, you know?"

Yiren nodded in sympathy, grabbing Jiwon's free hand and holding it tightly. "Why don't you just talk to her, unnie? I'm sure you're probably misunderstanding the situation."

Of course they'd say the same thing as Sihyun. Why did she think they wouldn't? It was the only logical thing to do. Jiwon should've just asked from the start and spare herself the heartache and unnecessary worrying.

"Or," Aisha began, which caused Jiwon to look up in interest because she didn't think Aisha would say something about the situation, "I could help you."

"Help me?" Jiwon knitted her brows together and glanced at Yiren, who was giving the tallest a wide-eyed look that clearly meant something. "How?"

"Aisha, don't."

"I can get some of my friends to keep an eye on your little girlfriend and her friend," Aisha clarified, ignoring Yiren's protests.

Jiwon should've felt ashamed for how onboard she was for the plan. It was 'being nosey' at best and 'stalking' at worst, and Jiwon didn't condone the latter at all. But she wasn't entirely sure if she could trust Eunji to tell her the truth, even though she should because they were dating.

But has Eunji explained why she's been M.I.A recently? Was she even going to tell Jiwon why?

"Okay, I know what you're thinking," Aisha continued, "and I assure you it'll be perfectly fine. It's not stalking, really. Just a few people conveniently at the places your girlfriend is going to. Spying, more like it."

"It's still wrong," Yiren said with a frown on her face.

"The CIA does it."

"That still makes it wrong."

"Jiwon!"

Everybody at the table turned towards the door of the café, where Sihyun was making her way towards them. She plopped down in the seat beside Jiwon, trying her best to catch her breath.

"Sihyun? Why are you here?" Jiwon asked, patting her friend's hair in an attempt to calm her down.

After a few more deep breaths, Sihyun was able to speak again. But not without taking a sip from Jiwon's mug and making a disgusted face at the lukewarmness of it.

"That's nasty. But I was talking to Eunji and Serim, and I found out something that I think you should know—"

Jiwon shook her head. "If it's some excuse made up by Eunji to make it seem like she's innocent, I don't want to hear it."

Sihyun grabbed onto the older's arm. "No, listen! I talked to her since you were too much of a chicken to, and she said that—"

"Nope. I'm done with that." Jiwon stood from the table. She was absolutely done with whatever excuses or deflection Eunji made. If she couldn't tell it straight to Jiwon, then there definitely must've been something she was hiding. "Aisha, can you still do it for me?"

"Do what?" Sihyun asked, turning to Aisha at the same time Yiren's eyes went wide again and she began to frantically shake her head. But Aisha grinned and nodded, already taking out her phone from her jacket pocket.

"Do what?" Sihyun repeated as Jiwon paid for her drink and walked out the café, mentally planning on how she would bust Eunji and Serim for whatever Aisha's friends found out.

beta reading? what's that?¿?
i'll edit this later, i just really wanted to get a chapter out before anybody thought i was abandoning this fic keksks