two

Jiwon couldn't stop twirling her hair mindlessly as she watched her two friends a few feet away, by the window of the hallway. They were just talking with a couple of male students and another female one Jiwon never cared to know. She wasn't focusing on the girl nor the two guys. Her eyes were on Eunji and Serim as the former had her arms wrapped around the latter, giving her a back-hug. It was innocent, friendly, like how all close friends did to each other.

But Jiwon didn't like it at all.

Normally, she wouldn't get antsy over something so small and harmless. She was nowhere near the jealous type, as she trusted all her partners to not cheat on her. (As if she had a lot, she was kind of picky.) But there was something about her friend being a little too close to her girlfriend that she didn't like. Or maybe it was the other way around. Or maybe it went both ways. Jiwon doesn't know. She just knew she didn't like it one bit.

"Okay there, Jiwon?"

Jiwon jumped, startled as she looked over to see Sihyun suddenly standing beside her. When she calmed down, she gave a little nod, eyes flickering back to her friends.

Sihyun followed her gaze, furrowing her eyebrows. "Why are you staring at them? Did they do something?"

Jiwon shook her head. "No, I just...I'm not staring at them."

"Yeah, you are. Why don't you just talk to them?"

It sounded so easy. It was supposed to be so easy. After all, Jiwon was close to the two. She could easily ask one of them if something was going on between them, and (hopefully) be assured that nothing was and they were just being touchy with each other.

But at that moment, she merely looked down, suddenly finding the tiled flooring of the school interesting. She knew Sihyun was rolling her eyes beside her.

"I really do think you're making a big deal out of this. I highly doubt the two are interested in each other—"

"I never said that!" Jiwon quickly defended, her cheeks growing hot.

Sihyun blinked at her unnie. "Yeeeah, okay. But, you know, if you ever feel that way, you can just talk to them. They'll understand."

Jiwon huffed and crossed her arms, but didn't say anything else. Sihyun has an amused look on her face before calling to Yiren for her to wait up before leaving Jiwon by herself. The eldest of the group of friends went back to staring at Eunji and Serim for a bit longer before being dragged off by one of her classmates to their classroom.

Jiwon couldn't pay attention for the whole day.

"Hey, Yiren?"

It was the end of the school day and Sihyun had been standing outside of Yiren's classroom when the smaller girl walked out. She immediately knew it wasn't such a good idea when Yiren jumped, looking at her in confusion afterwards.

"Yeah?"

"I was thinking...maybe we could hang out today?" Sihyun fumbled with a button on her jacket.

Yiren gave her an apologetic smile that made Sihyun's heart drop in an instant. "Sorry, unnie, but I already have plans."

Sihyun nodded and gave her a tight-lipped smile. "That's okay. Maybe next time."

"Yeah, definitely!" Yiren beamed. She gave a little wave to Sihyun before walking off towards a tall girl that Sihyun's seen before but didn't really know.

She stood there, just watching Yiren's retreating back through the hallway full of students. She should've known that Yiren wouldn't say 'yes'. Ever since Yiren became more familiar and comfortable there, she's been hanging out with her initial friends less and less. Maybe she found new ones? That tall girl was definitely one of them. What if Yiren never liked them, and only just talked to them because they talked to her first and she had no friends in Korea?

"Oh, Sihyun! Hi!"

Eunji and Serim had appeared from the classroom as well, arms hooked together and looking as if they had been in the middle of a conversation before Eunji saw Sihyun.

"What are you doing here? Waiting for us? You're so sweet!"

Sihyun didn't bother explaining what had just happened and smiled at the two.

"Yeah, I was wondering if you guys wanted to grab a bite to eat maybe? I'm starving."

"Sure! That sounds great! What do you think, Serim?"

The younger agreed, and they went to find Jiwon, per Eunji's request. Sihyun thought back to the conversation between her and their oldest friend and figured that Jiwon had nothing to worry about.

They found Jiwon talking to a male student and stole her away, with Sihyun excusing them all to him before following. They ate at a restaurant Serim's family owns, which was a relief because on top of getting free food, the food was delicious. It was only after they all ordered that Eunji asked about Yiren.

"You know, I haven't really seen her in a while," Eunji pointed out. "Aside from classes."

Serim was too busy being invested in her phone to offer any input besides a hum.

"Same," Jiwon agreed. "Do you think she's okay?"

"I hope so. I miss her." Eunji pouted.

"But you have me. I'll always be there for you."

Jiwon laid her head on Eunji's shoulder, looking up at her girlfriend with a smile. The latter just chuckled and gave Jiwon's head two short pats that left Jiwon looking dissatisfied.

"Yes, but you aren't Yiren, Jiwonnie. I miss my little China baby."

That was clearly the wrong thing to say, because Jiwon promptly removed her head from Eunji's shoulder and opted to look out the window instead. Sihyun ignored the red flag that popped up from that interaction.

When the food came, Eunji and Serim began chatting excitedly about something, leaving the other two to silently eat their food. Sihyun wanted to make conversation, but she figured that Jiwon just wanted to stew in her upset-ness alone. Sihyun mentally sighed before she reached for the noodles in the middle of the table.

Everything will be fine, she told herself.

...yeahhhh idk what to say :D