Fire

An interesting take on Tsuna's emotional state during the Future arc
[warnings - coarse language]

Tsuna had been in constant fear since he was transported to the world of ten years into the future.

He feels like throwing up from the nausea at every little news he hears about the Vongola. He feels like big fat tears are going to spill out every time he finds himself alone in some random corner of the underground base.

He just wants to curse at everything and anything that caused this to happen. He wants to curse at that Irie Shouichi person; future Gokudera said that he caused this mess so Tsuna feels he has every right to curse at him.

He wants to curse at the Millefiore famiglia and Byakuran; Lal mirch said they were the ones who destroyed Vongola, the ones who hunted down all their loved ones.

But most of all he wants to curse at his future self, for even letting all this happen; why the fuck is his future self, the apparent tenth Vongola boss, letting all this happen.

Tsuna doesn't necessarily understand all the political gimmicks going on around him, but all he knows is his resolve to protect his loved ones; protect Kyoko-chan, Haru-chan, Lambo and Ipin, Maman, his best friends.

Yet why, why did his future self fail to do so. Why did his future self allow Yamamoto's dad to be killed. Why did his future self allow his parents to go missing with no traces.

Why why why.

-

"It's a choice of which hell you prefer."

Lal Mirch's words shook him to his core.

Naive, naive, naive. He was so naive that her words struck deep inside of him.

Everything he felt from before came crashing down on him all at once - he wants to puke, he wants to cry, he wants to curse.

And this time, he felt anger from the pit of his meager stomach bubbling up to the surface. Like a dormant volcano about to explode, he feels the lava rising up.

It takes a while for him to understand the feeling, it was unlike anything he ever felt before.

So when Chrome lost her illusory organs and coughed out so much blood, and when Lal Mirch collapsed while screaming with such fighting desperation, he finally snaps.

And he realizes, what he's feeling is hatred - hatred towards Irie Shouichi, towards Byakuran, towards his future self.

He hates them for causing this ten year timeslip, he hates them for making Kyoko-chan and Haru-chan cry, he hates them for causing Gokudera and Yamamoto to buckle under fear, he hates them for hunting down Chrome who knows nothing, he hates them for making Lal Mirch so hopeless.

He hates them.

And so he decides to train, and train, and train - so that he can protect them all, send them all back to the past, and make things right.

Because he doesn't want to be like his future self that failed to protect those around him.