Chapter 8 Game Ogre

Start from the beginning

"Sir, we have a print off the gavel." He said. 

"Let's find out who it belongs to." Sean said. 

~~~

Back at the station Paityn came back with a coffee for Hank and herself as well as one for the captain knowing he was gonna stick around them. 

"Here we go, Hank." She said handing him a coffee.

"Thanks, Pait." He said. Sean came walking over and she handed him a coffee.

"Just in case." She gave him a small smile and she saw him give one back.

"Thank you." He said. He gently kissed her head and Hank awed a bit. "Any luck?" Sean asked Hank.

"Nah. Nothing to write home about yet. We've been doing a cross-check on the judge's cases against any recent parolees. So far, we've got three released in the last six months." Hank said. 

"Lester Cambridge, paroled from powder river, Scott Teller, released from Santiam six weeks ago, and Jamal Shutter. He just got out of Eastern." Paityn said. 

"Any of them here in Portland?" Sean asked. 

"All three of them. Nick's checking alibis." Hank said. Hank's phone began ringing and he picked it up asking whoever it was to send it to his computer. "Got an I.D. on the print from the judge's house. Got the match from the navy." Hank said. 

"One of your parolees?" Sean asked. 

"Nope. Name's Vince Chilton. Got no record at all." Hank said. 

"See if we can get a match on a driver's license." Sean said. 

"Renewed it two months ago." Hank said. "Got an address here in Portland." Hank smirked. 

"All right let's go." Sean said. Paityn grabbed her jacket wrapping it around herself following the two of them out. 

~~~

The swat team ran in front of them. They smashed the door open and stormed in. Paityn was right behind the captain and Hank. Paityn had her hand on her gun just in case. 

"We're clear, we secured the premises, but you got a body in there." The lead officer said. They went in and Paityn saw his missing hand. 

"Well, that's unique." She said. She kneeled next to Sean as they examined the body. 

"Vince Chilton?" Sean asked and Hank put the picture up to his face. 

"Seems like it." Paityn sighed. 

"Which hand did the fingerprint come from?" Sean asked shining his flashlight. 

"The one he doesn't have." Hank sighed. 

"So our killer needed a helping hand, and got it from Chilton." Sean said. Paityn had to restrain a giggle. 

"Yeah, he wanted us to find him." Hank said. 

"Means our killer's connected to both of them." Sean said. 

"Woman's watch? Wearing it backside out." Hank said. 

"Looks kinda old. Maybe an Anqique?" Paityn asked shrugging. 

"Doesn't seem like Chilton would be the kind of guy interested in women's antique watches huh?" Sean said. 

"Hey, you never know." Paityn said. Sean looked at her and she shrugged. He smirked just a small bit. 

"It's engraved. 'To Mary, Love Mom.' It's definitely not Chilton's." Hank said.