//9//

+++++++++++++++++++

A Few Moments Ago

+++++++++++++++++++

"Would you look who it is, Seth. It's been awhile." The store clerk greeted Seth as he entered the store.

"It has been, Racheal." Seth responded as he led Ursa to the desk.

Racheal blew a bubble with the white gum that she was chewing in her mouth, "They're gonna add a coffee shop addition in here next month." She commented.

"I see that life isn't giving you a break." Seth remarked.

She groaned loudly, "Yeah, right? The boss is trying to make me a barista. She's lucky enough that I agreed to work cashier. I swear." 

Feeling a bit annoyed at Seth suddenly being social, Ursa puffed out her cheeks.

"What kind of books do you have?" She asked bluntly, causing Racheal to look down at her in surprise.

"Oh.. uh, all kinds of books." Racheal answered. "Are you looking for something specific?" 

Ursa nodded, "Yes, actually. I wanna read a series that's popular with high school students."

"Okay, let me see what I can find." Racheal said, and left the back of the counter to look at a certain section of the book store.

Seth looked down at Ursa in confusion, "Why do you want a popular book series?" He asked.

Ursa gave the taller male a sly grin, "Because, I want to have something in common with my classmates. You know, not be the weird girl with pink hair who has no friends."

Seth sighed and patted her shoulder, "Nobody cares about who you are or what you look like, trust me, Urs." 

"It's different for you guys, you already have friend groups and the whole shindig of high school figured out." Ursa pouted.

"You're using Phoebe words now, better not make that a habit or you'll be stuck with me and my library friends." Seth chuckled.

"'Library Friends'?" Ursa questioned, tilting her head a bit.

"The books, I don't have friends." Seth deadpanned, causing Ursa to giggle.

"But what about the purple haired guy?" Ursa inquired.

"Julian is friends with everyone, he makes it his job to be friends with everyone." Seth explained.

Racheal then returned with a small stack of books in her arms, "Well I wasn't sure what exactly you were going for, but here are a few from the popular high school section. I brought: 'Queen of Clubs', a mystery and drama series, there's 'Just Us', the romantic genre - total hit with the corny girls, and 'True Gems' - this one has almost sold out every week, complete drama, mystery and comedy." 

Ursa scanned the books, front and back cover, hoping to pike her interest in one. The last book that Racheal had presented her intrigued the young pink haired girl. She read the plot summary and smiled as she felt like it was a story that she could get behind and enjoy.

"I want this one, please!" Ursa nodded and handed the book towards Racheal.

The dark red head nodded and looked at Seth, "Anything you want me to grab you?" She asked.

Seth shook his head, "Not today, I think my library is overfilled as it is."

Racheal smirked, "Good call."

She then proceeded to checkout the book and recommend that Ursa get the next book in the series when the books are restocked next month. As Ursa was led out of the store with Seth, who held the door, she looked up at him with a big smile.