Clues

Marker walked into his house, clearly upset. Fries looked over.

Him and Fries shared the house. Mostly just to look after eachother.

Marker slammed the door to his room, and Fries just shrugged it off. He was probably just upset about Foldy and Stapy again.

×××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

Firey is still looking through Leafy's room, when he hears the door open. He looks over to see Eggy, and she winces a bit.

"Oh-! Uh, hey Firey... What are YOU doing here?"

Firey rolls his eyes. "Why would you care? I'm only... reminiscing... That's all.."

Eggy walks over. "Do... you miss Leafy?"

"What do you think?! We were best friends!"

Eggy stares at the ground. "Y-yeah, I kinda miss her too if I'm being honest..."

Firey glances at her. "You... do? I didn't know you two were friends..."

"We were... At least that's what I thought..."

Firey notices a few tears fall from Eggy's eyes. "Aw Eggy, don't worry! I-I think-! She still likes us!"

Eggy shakes her head. "Y-you're just s-saying that so I feel better, aren't you..."

"No! She does care about us! W-we just have to find clues!"

Eggy sighs. "But everybody else says she was always like this... Needle, Clock, Pin... All of them! Why should I believe you? Because you had a crush on her?"

Firey's eye twitches. "Shut up Eggy! I know her better than you ever did! Needle had, like, one bad experience or something, Pin is just a b*tch, Clock is ignorant as f*ck, and Coiny literally doesn't care!"

Eggy furrows her eyebrows. "Firey get over it. She never loved us and she never will!"

Firey continues looking through Leafy's room, eventually opening a drawer.

Eggy rolls her eyes. "Ignore me I guess..."

Firey gasps, and pulls out a few journals. "Aha! This will work!"

Eggy's eyes shoot over. "What... are those?"

Firey shoots a stern glare back. "Why do you care, huh? Just Leafy's journals, I bet this will show how much of an awful person she is, huh?"

Eggy goes closer to Firey. "You can't just intrude her privacy like that!"

"Why not? You said yourself, she doesn't love us! She never did! Why should you care about her privacy, huh?!"

Eggy scowls. "Fine! Go ahead, read it! See how little she cares about us!"

Firey looks at the journals. There were four. It was easy to tell which was the oldest because it was tattered. He picked it up.

×××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

When he opened it, the page was smudged and kind of ruined. It was really hard to read.

Today we arrived at this new place... And I decided to start a journal! This place lacks buildings, but it has grass on the ground, so thats nice! On our way here, I was bitten by a spider, but out of everything else going on over there, it seems a bit insignificant... I should be fine, it's just a little bite!

Firey paused. "This is too back... way too back... I don't even remember this," he mumbles.

"Remember what?!" Eggy asks.

"What ever happened to privacy?" Firey snaps back, shooting a smug glance.

He flips to the last page with writing.

I can't believe this... what have I become? I just... don't feel the same... I regret everything... Now I am miles and miles away from the others... and it's all my fault...

We will get our revenge some day.

Firey feels confusion wash over him. "I don't understand..."

Eggy looks over. "I mean, not to be rude but you aren't the smartest!"

Firey shakes his head. "Shut up, I wasn't talking to you..."

Firey grabs the next book.

Making a new one. Other one is false. It is filled with lies. I never cared for those fools! They never cared for me!

Firey frowns, then flips through pages of scribbled vents and written rants, and random sketchy doodles of things he didn't like. He had no clue when this journal was from. He didn't really remember...

He shut it.

"What was in that one?" Eggy asked.

"You wouldn't understand," Firey grumbled.

He picked up another one.

Come on. They never benefitted you. Kill them. They betrayed you.

You don't understand... this isn't how you solve problems...

Come on, these problems cannot be solved unless you kill them. They made you miserable. They ruined you. I am helping you.

Firey stares at the page. She was... writing to herself? He shuts that one, then grabs the one that seemed to be more recent.

I found these flowers that seemed to get rid of that bad feeling for a while! She hasn't came back in a while, not physically at least. She still mumbles in my mind every now and then, but she is basically powerless! For future reference, the flowers were purple, and near a lake... I am hoping I don't need them again!

Firey stares at the page for a few seconds, then starts flipping to the newest entry.

Me and my friends will be heading to Goiky Wonders! It sounds like tons of fun! I'll be keeping this here, but I'll definitely write once I return!

"She's possessed or something... I think..."

Eggy stares at the books curiously. "Why?"

"She... That's just what it looks like..."

"How?"

"I don't know! It just looks that way! She needs some flowers or something," he grumbles.

Eggy tilts herself. "Firey, I feel like flowers won't make her spare you."

"That's not what I meant- I'm going to ask TB about this..."

Eggy watches Firey leave with all the journals, and just feels an overwhelming wave of curiosity.

But she stays silent and makes her way home. Maybe Firey was right. Maybe Leafy was under some transe or possession.

But Eggy didn't think, if that was the case, that it would be an easy problem to solve.