C H A P T E R T W E N T Y F O U R *

Start from the beginning

Exhaling in defeat Chelsea grabbed my small luggage and walked with me to the living room. "You all set little man?" I asked having him return my smile as he presented his packed book bag. He jetted for the elevator as Chelsea and I followed arm in arm.

This past week had been an amazing time with her and Lauren but it was time to spend some much needed time with just Darren. And with everything that has happened what better way to do that than out of the city on a beach.

"Well look what we have here." She stated sarcastically with a devious smirk. "About time he showed up."

"Ant!" Darren shouted in a excited manner. Without permission he ran forward to him.

"Wassup Little man." He greeted lovingly as he squatted down to Darren's level. "Wow you're getting big. Almost as big as me now." He teased causing DJ to snicker. "You headed somewhere?"

"Uh huh." He replied ecstatically. "Mom won't tell me where though its a surprise. Hey see if she'll tell you!" He persuaded while pushing Anthony in my directjon.

"Well detective." Chelsea addressed in a sarcastic tone. "What can we do for Nay's finest?"

"Hello to you too Chelsea." He turned to me and cleared his throat while eyeing my luggage. "Angela."

"I wasn't going to jump bail if that's what you were thinking. He shook his head no while awkwardly jamming his hands into his front pockets.

"I didn't mean to interrupt. I just wanted to stop by and give you the news before the DA called." He trailed off causing me to raise an eye brow with suspense. "The charges against you are being dropped.

"What!" Chelsea and I gasped at the same time while she managed to drop my bag. "How is that even possible?"

"Something about an unlawful arrest." He stated vaguely. "The arresting officers relations to the victim and entering the suspects apartment under false pretexts gets the confession thrown out." He smiled innocently. "No confession no case." He shrugged.

"Anthony you shouldn't have done that."

"The hell he shouldn't have!" Chelsea protested earning a killer glare from me. "Okay I'm going I'm going." She surrendered taking DJ by the hand and heading back into the lobby.

"Thank you for doing that." I said appreciatively. "And for getting me out of there. I just hope you didn't get your self into too much trouble all for me."

"Three week suspension with pay." He shrugged indifferently. "I think ill live." He walking closer to me instantly causing me to hold my breath. "Besides I think it was worth it." He confessed with a soul snatching smile. "I told you I'd try to make things right." He reminded while stroking my cheek and tucking my hair behind my left ear.

"Anthony you've done enough." I denied removing his hand from my face and taking a few steps back. "I can't keep taking from you. You and I both know this isn't going to work." I frowned. "He was your brother for gods sake." How could he even be okay with breathing the same air as me.

"Who put you in an impossible predicament. Yes he was my brother but to you he was just a stranger. A stranger who defiled your body and put your life on the line. He may have been my brother but like you said it was you or him. I make decisions like that all the time on the job.

"Yeah but you didn't kill Chelsea or Darren. Don't make excuses for me Anthony." I was sure everything I was saying was going in one ear and out the other when he came closer invading my personal space. "Why are you trying so hard to right my wrongs? This was a doomed relationship from the start and we both know it."

"Maybe that's the truth who knows. And I'm not saying that I can just forget about what happened between you and Elijah but now that I have a better understanding of it maybe it'll be a little more easier to deal with. Maybe I'll never be able to deal with it." He shrugged.

"But I do love you and I'm willing to try. So don't stand here and tell me what I'm capable of handling because I'd like to think I handle you pretty well." He teased snaking his arm around my waist. leaving me no room to protest Anthony crashed our bodies into one another. The moment our lips forced together I went weak. That was it for me I knew there was no turning back.

  We contiously fought for control of the kiss until he won the battle. A moan was forced from my throat when he captured my bottom lip between his teeth holding it captive. "You don't know how bad I missed doing that." He grunted pulling me even closer. We were so lost in one another that we hadn't realized someone was standing in front of us until they cleared their throat.

"Get the hell away from him!" She hissed with pure hatred in her voice.

"Tracey?" He asked once he recognized the person in front of us. "What are you doing?" He questioned watching the gun she held in her hands.

"Whats it look like I'm here to get you back." She responded as if it should have been obvious. "I thought I told you to stay the fuck away from him."

"How did you even find out where I was? Are you seriously following me?" "Why don't you put that down so we can talk." He tried to convince now stepping in front of me. 

"Of course I followed you. Now move away from her baby." She ordered with the gun still shaking in her hands. "I said move Anthony." She demanded when he didn't move a muscle.

"You're going to have to shoot me Tracey because I'm not going to let you hurt her." He denied causing the muscles in her jaw to tense up. I could tell she was high, maybe even drunk. She looked so distraught I was afraid she'd actually shoot him just to get too me. With his body still shielding mine I was able to discretely daily 911.

"You're such a ungrateful bitch." She yelled with her voice cracking on the verge of tears. "You never appreciated me like Elijah and all the other. Even when I took care of that snot nose brat of yours. That's why I stepped out on you." She laughed uncontrollably.

"It took me to do all of that just to get you to notice me. You ruined me! And for what? A slut like her? You know she's basically a prostitute." She informed tightening her grip on the gun when Anthony stepped closer to her. "Is that how you met? What she offered you a good old time promised to suck your dick and heal your broken heart if you paid her some money to take care of that bastard child of hers?"

"You leave my son out of this you psycho bitch!" I shouted while Anthony didn't budge or allow me around him.

"You're right." She giggled. "He use to have a father so he's not a bastard. But you will be joining him soon. The both of you." She threatened causing me to cling onto Anthony's jacket.

I could hear the police sirens but that didn't matter. The moment her finger twitched to squeeze the trigger both Anthony and I attempted to move each other out of harms way. But it was no use.

BANG!! BANG!!

__________________

who saw that coming? Cus I sure didn't. lol I know I'm a loser. Don't judge me ya'll. Welll one more chapter to go.

Any thoughts ? Questions? Read vote comment. And excuse any errors.

Slimm