C h a p t e r. E i g h t *

" Just call the man." She repeated for the fifth time. Im beginning to question why i even let her come with me. Oh thats right, shes the one with the damn car. " Oh, you know Aunties and uncle anniversary is coming up right ?" She asked keeping her eyes on the road. Of course i knew the real question was did i give two shits ? Yeah didn't think so. " Angel. Girl i know your black behind heard me."

" Chelsea shut up. For two minutes. Please." I yelled making her stick her third finger up at me while pulling over in front of the center. There were some parents already there picking up their kids so i knew i wasn't that early. It was still a little crowded so i had to search around for Darren for a bit before i finally spotted him. He was at the cake table waiting for a goodie bag. I went to make my way over to him before he could hide any candy and bumped right into someones firm body. Damn it, i hate it when people don't watch where they're going.

" Im sorry ma'am i didn't see you -- Angel ?" This man was just every where there was no avoiding him huh ? He flashed that same smile at me as he watched me look over him in his laid back attire. He had on a black calvin Klein leather jacket with a red v neck shirt underneath, a pair of dark blue jeans, concord Jordan's and a black gucci beanie on.

His facial hair was formed into a semi wolfed out beard and goatee and his chocolate skin and pearly white teeth complimented it real well. Now if any one knows me they know that i get sex on the regular, whether its from a trick of mine or my toys at home. But that hasn't been the case in the last week or so and him looking so good before me was no help at all. As if he was able to hear the x rated things going on in my head he cleared his throat and finally spoke up.

" Im beginning to think that you're stalking me Angela." He chuckled folding his arms against his muscular chest.

" Or it could be the other way around Detective. Too bad i cant call the police about it" i said coming back at his smart remark.

" Damn it. You caught me. I was hoping i would get away with it. Oh well, theres always another day." He exaggerated dramatically. Funny guy. I could no longer hold my smile in.

" So what brings you here ?"

" Just here to pick up my daughter. Is your son here ?" He asked looking around.

" Yes. The one attempting to hide a bag of sour patches in his back pocket." I said observing my boy try to be sneaky. Anthony laughed himself and went to reply before a teacher from the after school program came over. Yvette. Lets just say me and her don't get along at all. It started back at the end of last school year. She called her self having this thing with Sr. Which i wont lie i did not like at all due to the fact that she turned out to be someone he cheated on me with.

Although it got under my skin that she was still sexin' Sr. I ignored it. That is until my son came home telling me that he caught them having sex and that one day in class she expected him to acknowledge her as his step mom AND popped him for misbehaving. After that the gloves came off. If there is one thing i dont play with it would be my son. She knew better. And as revenge she called child services on me a few times. Trifling bitches.

" Angela, Detective Williams." She greeted.

" Yvette." We both returned unpleasantly. I wondered what their beef was to make him sound un happy w. Her too.

" I didn't expect to see you too here. Together." She applied with a whole lot of emphasis. " Oh how is Darren's father doing ?" Since she decided to be nosey i thought id be funny with her.

" Isn't that your job to keep track of hun. The only thing him and i share is a child. Its okay everyone isn't Wiffey material." I taunted bringing myself into Ants. Arms. " Now if you'd excuse us, we have some where to be. Don't we baby ?"

" Yeah. We better get the kids and get going." Ant. said following my lead placing his arm around my shoulder. Her face was priceless as we attempted to turn away but she stopped us.

" I presumed that you've heard that i have been named new assistant principle." She smiled falsely pulling a flyer off a clip board. " we look forward to seeing you accompany the kids on their next school trip." She said holding up one.

" Wouldn't miss it for the world." Anthony replied sarcastically as we walked away for the final time. " So i assume theres an explanation for what just happened." He inquired half laughing.

" Mommy." Darren shouted running towards me for a hug. " It was fun. Do we have to go home now ?" He pleaded looking up.

" Oh so you got the flyer." Anthony's little girl added walking over. " Good. I signed you up as a chaperone." She said smiling extra hard and pouting her lip. Oh yeah she was definitely a daddy's girl all the way. I remember those days.

" So Did I." DJ chanted looking from me to her. " Will you come ?" He asked me. " I already told dad you would."

" Daddy..." She encouraged making Anthony look at me and smile.

" Ill tell you what baby, if you can get this pretty woman to come with your friend daddy's there." No he didn't. Im standing right here.

" Would you ?" She asked cheesing. Between her and DJ i was kind of afraid to say no.

" Its a date." I caved. They both started jumping and dancing around thanking us both. " See what you got us into." I explained smiling at him.

" How bad can it be ? We can handle it. You got my 6 ?" He asked. I figured it was police talk so i just laughed and nodded as we exited the community room. Chelsea was walking towards us then stopped and raised an eye brow when she noticed my company.

" Hey, im on call and i have to be at the hospital in an hour, are you okay getting home ? Hello Anthony."

" Hey Chelsea." He returned.

" Yeah we can take the bus. Go on and get to work." I said kissing her goodbye and watching her run back to her car. Shit it looks like its ready to pour.

" You sure you okay to get home ?" Anthony asked as i took DJs umbrella out his bag.

" Yeah we'll be fine." I smiled. " The bus will be here before it rains anyway." I said matter factly grabbing my sons hand. " Ill see you on that trip, bye cutie." I said pinching Destinys cheek.

" Its a date." He yelled as i walked away making the corners of my mouth turn up a bit. I pretended not to hear and made my way to the bus.

Okay so maybe i jinxed it. It has been fifteen minutes and the bus still didn't show. And no cabs seemed to have wanted to stop. Oh and if that wasn't enough it started raining. No scratch that. It was pouring along with some lightening to top it all off. I was convinced god hated me when Terry rolled up and pulled over.

" What up baby ? Yal need a lift." He offered with a sinister smile. " Then me and you can go talk somewhere." I know he sees im with my son. I will kill him.

" We're fine but thank you." I said as DJ clutched me when more lighting struck.

" Yal dont look fine. Pitiful actually." Terry insulted. " Just get in." Before i could respond another car pulled up on the other side of me and Anthony got out into the rain.

" No wonder i couldn't find you. You weren't where you said you'd be." He said hugging me like he didnt just see me. " Thanks my man but i got it from here." He directed to Terry's ass and led us to his car.

" Thanks." I said wiping the water from my face.

" No problem ms. Oh the bus will get here before the rain." He mocked as we drove down the street. " So was that a boyfriend i just save you from ?"

" Not even close." I informed looking back at DJ and Destiny play on a gameboy DS.

" So where too ?" He asked smiling my way.

" 98 Malcolm x Blvd. between quincy and van burren." I directed. The rest of the ride was pretty quiet until he arrived at my spot twenty five minutes later. " Thanks for the ride." I said as we stood in my door way.

" Don't mention it." He smiled exposing his perfect teeth again. " So ill see you next week. Unless we run into each other sooner."

" Well see." I smiled back closing the door and heading into my apartment. Lord give me the strength, he is just so damn fine my kitty was on fire for that man. But what do i look like trickin' on a cop ?

~ Angel.

King was gone. Now who will take care of me. Theres no way i was going back to boring old NC. I still couldn't get my mind around to who would be dumb enough to kill King. Who ever it was they were on my shit list because they stopped my money train too soon. All i had left was two hundred dollars from the six i took from Ant. And that was running its course. Shit staying in a hotel was expensive.

I was officially all alone with no one to lean on. I mean of course i had my share of hoes but none of them took care of me like the Williams brothers. They both loved me and believe it or not i had a place in my heart for them both. But i guess you can say King was my everything. Anthony came close to that title but he never had any time for me. I was lonely. At least i thought i was. Now I'm really learning what that means. No King and no Anthony. One was dead while the other hated me.

" Tracey lets go." One of my home girls said calling me by my real name. I just sat in the drivers seat of her car watching Ant say good bye to some woman and a kid. I knew her. We go to the same salon. What was this bitch doing w. My man. His back was to me but i knew it was him all the way. Who told him he could move on ? And then down grade at that. She had bitch written all over her. " Bitch !"

" Will you shut the fuck up !?" I shouted watching him jog back to his car. I hopped out of mine attempting to go after him but he pulled off to fast. " Fuckk." I needed my man back. Now. Not because i was in love, not because i was sorry for what i did but because i was lonely, i needed someone and i knew he would take care of me. Thats just the way Anthony was built. And most of all just so this new bitch couldn't have him. Shs thought she was replacing me. One more night w. Me and my baby would drop her in a heart beat. Right ?

~ Diana (Tracey.)

______________

Hey you guys what do you think ? Don't be afraid to be honest. Hope you liked it, even if you didn't thanks for reading it means a lot. Wont be doing a specific goal ill just update when I'm happy w the results. Double digits would be nice. But see ya when i see ya. ✌️💯

Btw if your reading and not a follower. I suggest you hit that button because the rest you wont be able to see. Thats right private chapters.

___ Slimm 💥