One

Adrenaline rushed through me as I ran with the ball, weaving past the other team skillfully and gracefully. I approached the goal of the opponent, with just one defender left. A quick maradona and she was left in dust. I pushed the ball the my right, and winded up my leg. Then I shot and-

"WAKE UP CINDY!"

My eyes shot open as I heard my mother calling me from downstairs. I let out a groan and pulled my pillow over my head. I don't want to go to school. I just want to sleep.

"CINDY! I KNOW YOU HEARD ME! DID YOU FORGET WHAT TODAY WAS?"

Yes, mother, I'm not stupid. It's Wednesday, in the middle of the week, which means literally the best thing ever- school. Wednesday, September ninth. What's so special about that? Wait. Oh my god. It's today. Today.

I jumped out of bed and rushed to my closet, pulling out my soccer jersey and shorts. I dug through my drawers until I found my shin gaurds and a pair of socks, and then stuffed everything into a black drawstring bag.

Today was one of my favorite days of the year. Soccer try-outs. I grinned happily, thinking about how I was ready to kick balls. Soccer was pretty poopular amongst the girls of my school. It's both good and bad, since that means all the preppy popular girls play the sport- though I wouldn't call what they do playing.

I pulled on a pear of denim jeans with a black Three Days Grace shirt, and pulled my long, blonde hair into a ponytail. I had missed soccer try-outs last year- sophomore year- because I broke my pelvis, and I didn't try out freshmen year because I was on one of the best teams, with no time for high school soccer.

I'm a junior this year, and though that means a ton of schoolwork, I have plenty of time for soccer. I go to Elmwood High, home of the Eagles. The girls' soccer team sucks, but this year me and my two best friends Stacey and Naomi are trying out, and that should bump up the skill level quite a bit.

I grabbed the drawstring and my school bag and hurried downstairs to the dining room. A plate of eggs and bacon welcomed me, along with my little brother Lucas who was ten. Aside from Lucas I have another brother- Quentin- who's in college now.

"Excited for try-outs?" my father sat down beside me, holding a newspaper. I nodded, mouth full with eggs. My father was a huge soccer fanatic, and he's without a doubt the reason I'm so passionate about the sport.

"You'll be number one, don't worry hun."

I smiled and sipped my chocolate milk. I glanced at the clock, which read 7:22. I gobbled down the rest of my food quickly.

"Got to go, love you!" I said, kissing my father's cheek and then hugging my mom.

"Have a great day, and good luck!"

---

If you look at the soccer field, you can immediately tell who's popular- with the girls at least. I guess it's time for introductions.

Meet Lexi Sanders, queen bee with dark brown hair and olive skin. Janelle Peterson, short brown hair, perfectly tan and little miss Lexi. Carmen Brown, with short dark hair and brown eyes, who was a bit more independant but still thrived to be on the throne. Finally, Summer Jiko, with platinum blonde hair and shining blue eyes, who often gets confused as being me.

How dan you tell they're popular? High-side poytails, shorts rolled up so that they barely reach the bottom of their bums and tshirts that are either practically see through, low-cut or they're just wearing a pinny with a hot pink sports bra. And they're flirting with the guys.

"Hey Cindy!" Lauren greeted me. She was the only exception. She was was born nine months after Janelle, and is also a part of the popular crowd, but she's probably the nicest person I've ever met. Aside from that, she's wearing a pair of baggy shorts and an oversized t-shirt. I admit, though I don't wear revealing outfits I make sure my clothes fit me perfectly and nicely. I would not be caught wearing that.

"Hi! Ready to play?"

"Of course!"

I walked with Lauren, and Naomi and Stace joined us and began chatting. I looked around the field, taking in my surroundings. About thirty girls showed up, most of them looking too skinny, too fragile, and too slutty to play well. Cassandra Wallace showed up, and she was fit. Not only did she have an eight pack, but she was also captain of the wrestling team- the only undefeated girls' team. Cass was pretty cool, and I remember when she came out about her being bisexual. I was so happy for her, especially since nobody teased her (probably because they were too adraid too), and cause she was currently dating Lisa Simmons, one of my favorite people ever. Why? Because she was emo, gothic, rude, sarcastic and she stole the captain slot of the cheerleading team from Lexi. I waved to them, and they grinned, Lisa giving me the finger. I rolled my eyes and continued scanning the place. About fifty boys showed up, which was a lot. Only twenty would make the team. Some were really athletic and good, while some of them look like they had just devoured an entire McDonalds's place.

The three boys coaches were there too; Coach Chris who was arouond twenty-five and according to every girl at this school, he was a serious babe. Then there was Coach Mike, who was in his forties and also a P.E teacher, and finally Coach Bob, who was in hi sixties but was a kickass player.

I saw everyone who should be there. Everyone except for the girls' coach. The girls only had one coach because nobody else wanted to fill the other positions. Her name was Coach Abby, and she was probably one of the worst coaches Ive ever met. SHe was down-right mean, had total favoritism, abd getting onto the team was a popularity contest. That's why I'm glad Coach Bob helps out choosing the team.

Just as I was about to ask Stacey where Coach Abby was, Chris blew the whistle- or at least, tried too. Instead, a high shrill sound escaped the whistle.

"Damn it, I need help!" he complained.

"I'LL HELP BLOW YOUR WHISTLE!" Summer was beside Chris immediately, batting her eye lashes a million times per minute.

"That's fine Summer, I think I've got everyone's attention" he said, causing Summer to frown and walk back to her group. "Everybody, please gather round!" We all came closer. "I hate to say this, but Coach Abby had a horrible fall today in school, and will be in the hospital for a few weeks." No Coach Abby? Sweet?

"What does that mean?" a girl asked. Chris and Mike exchanged looks.

"It means that this year... there is no girls' soccer team".

What? What's that supposed to mean? No team? That's so stupid! Just because the dumb bitch fell. I felt like punching someone.

"What are we supposed to do then?" I asked with obvious annoyance in my voice. Coach Chris shrugged.

"Go home. You can come cheer on the boys." he suggested smirking. I rolled my eyes. Why would I cheer on the boys? Suddenly, and idea popped into my mind. It was absolutely brilliant.

"Or...," I started, "we could just try out for the boys team."

I waited for a reaction and I got one- Chris bursting into laughter along with every boy on the field.

"What's so funny?" Cassandra asked, ticked off.

"You want to try out for the boys team?" Chris asked. I nodded.

"Why not? Or are you scared we might make your pretty little boys look bad?" I challenged him.

"Sorry sweetheart, but to try-out, you had to be on the list" he said holding up the list of boys' names, with a smirk of satisfaction.

"My name's on there. Here, let me see it." Chris looked at me weirdy before shrugging and giving it to me. The list was attached to a clipboard, with a pen in it. I grabbed the pen and printed my name. Cindy Rella. I capped the pen and thrusted the clipboard back in Chris's hand.

"There. Told you."

Chris pouted. "You can't do that!"

"Oh 'sweetheart', I think I just did."

His smirk disappeared and he looked at Coach Bob.

"What do you think?" he asked.

Coach Bob looked at me, with a twinkle in his eye.

"I say, let's do it."

obviously unedited I'll try to do it tomorrow, and I'll update :-)! What do you think?

|Anna-Katharina|