The Curing Kiss (Felix x Reader)

this is a x reader! send me a request through a dm for x reader one-shots or one-shots between two specific characters. enjoy!

-----------------------------------------------------------

"Hah!"

"Argh!"

I watched from afar, with a shy frown, as a certain noble with royal blue locks sparred against Ingrid, a fellow comrade of ours.

They were both currently training hard for an upcoming battle that the Blue Lions would be attending.

The two childhood friends groaned and gasped as they fought. Their blades clashed, as Ingrid thrusted her long lance at Felix and the man in question propelled his wide sword back at her.

Felix was absolutely magnificent in my eyes. His semi-lengthy azure hair, his gleaming brown eyes, and his small smile as he moved around, had all enchanted me. How he fought hard and arduously practiced every day, without even a single break, made my heart flutter.

There wasn't even one day where I didn't look up to him, or think highly of him. You could say that I had feelings of some sort for him.

The axe, that I held in my hand, began to shake as I watched the scene before me.

I was beyond proud that both Felix and Ingrid were fighting hard for the sake of their house, but seeing their immense determination and skill made me feel inferior. Useless even.

"I'll have to work harder. I'm not worthy enough to stand beside them on the battlefield, the way that I am right now." I dejectedly mumbled to myself, and let out a deep exhale.

I sprinted away from the area, and ran into a nearby sparring hall to work on myself.

A large straw and cloth practice dummy, with many tall blades sticking out of it, stood before me. I gripped my brave axe tightly in resolution.

"Let's do this!" I shouted and charged at the dummy as fast I could. I kept aiming for its head and slowly began to chip away at the cloth, that held in the hay inside of the dummy.

The long blades on the dummy began to spin around, with each hit that I landed, forcing me to fix my footwork and to begin dodging.

I smiled in satisfaction as I did a backflip, pulling me away from the sharp spinning steel, and rammed a lethal hit into a bald area on the dummy.

Hay exploded out of the mannequin, and I whipped at the air with my axe to whisk the straws away.

"I'm doing well, but this isn't even close to being enough." I thought to myself, and let out a deep sigh. I then readied myself for another session.

///

My legs were sore, my throat was dry, my face was sweaty, and my eyes were red. I felt beyond fatigued.

I couldn't take it anymore, for I had lost track of time. I had no idea how long I'd been in this sparring hall for.

I desperately panted in exhaustion, as I stared at the completely broken and worn out "thing" that stood before me. It didn't resemble a practice dummy much anymore.

I had sliced it into such bits, that only dull blades and a few strands of straw remained on it.

I glanced down at my axe and cussed, once I saw how its blade had also gotten drab.

I felt the need to continue fighting, even though I had nothing left to fight with or to fight against. However, my low self-esteem and shame in myself wouldn't allow me to stop.