A Daughter's Destiny (Dimitri x Reader)

this is a x reader! send me a request through a dm for x reader one-shots or one-shots between two specific characters. enjoy!

-----------------------------------------------------------

I panted hard, while sprinting between the wet and dark trees, in the woods that surrounded me for miles.

It is the middle of the night and I am currently running for my life, away from a group of bandits that have spotted the precious golden necklace that I wear around my neck.

The rougues believe it to be worth a lot, and so they're trying to rob me of it.

The necklace is very dear to me, since I've had it for as long as my memory can take me. I wouldn't give it up for anything in the world.

I gasped, as I tripped on the roots of a large tree and flew to the muddy ground face-first with a loud thud.

"Freeze girly, just hand over that necklace of yers and we won't harm a single hair on ya." The burly and brawny leader of the bandits said, with a malicious smirk, and aimed his axe at my neck.

"I-I'll never do that!" I screamed, with fear, and rolled out of the axe's way while defensively grabbing ahold of my pendant. I snatched a nearby stick and held it defensively up before me.

"Have a taste of some steel then, ye asked for it!" The strapping man let out a mocking chortle and lifted his axe high up, signalling his men to attack me.

The outlaws charged and I began to quickly scurry away once again. Tears ran down my cheeks, as I thought about how I had gotten myself into this situation.

///

I was solely a ten year old child, yet I worked for a bakery in one of the smaller towns of Fódlan.

I had been abandoned as a baby on the doorsteps of the bakery, and the kind bakers had taken me in.

They treated me as if I was their own daughter, and took extremely good care of me. I never thought of the two bakers as my real parents, but I still owe them my everything.

To be of some help to them, I was in charge of buying the ingredients that the bakery requires from the town's market every day. It was a repetitive, but pleasant errand for me to do.

On my way to the town's market though, I encountered a certain group of troublesome bandits who were looking to rob anyone of their belongings.

They targeted an elderly woman, and mugged her of her straw basket. I, of course noticing this, couldn't not bat an eye at what had happened and nabbed the basket back from the blockish bandits.

This backfired on me though, and after frantically returning the old lady her basket, I began to run for my life.

The rougues chased me for miles, and I eventually had to hide behind a hay wagon for an hour to get them off my trail.

However, the stubborn men were waiting for me nearby. They immediately began to pursue me, once they noticed me trying to make a run for it. I've been scampering away from these fearsome males ever since.

///

I abruptly stopped running in horror, and stared at the rocky cliff that now blocked my way forward.

I whipped my head around in distraught, hearing the ghastly yells of my chasers echo throughout the forest.

"I have to at least try." I thought to myself and gave a firm nod. I then launched myself up, from the mossy ground below my feet, and began to climb up the rugged hill before me.