Start

Start

I'm just silent as I seat down infront of him. He's glaring at me. Of course! Pang ilang beses na ba itong ipinatawag siya?

He just came across the world just to be here because of my childish fights. First of all, it isn't my choice why I am here. They know right from the start that I hate it to be here, and yet they still forced me to study here.

I want to be back at my home, Philippines, but I can't understand why they are pushing me away from it. Ewan ko lang ngayon.

"What have you done this time, Zoey?" I blankly stared at him. Napahilot siya sa temple niya, a sign that I am such a pain in his as-s. "Don't look at me like that, Young lady. I am your father, incase you do forgot."

"I broke the fire alarm and yeah, I caused trouble at school. Again."

Nanghihinang napasandal siya sa swivel chair niya. Infront of me is Raguel Saavedra, my dearest father. I do not inherited his green eyes, but I've got a shade of grey which I got from my mother.

Just like what I have known from their past, I want to experience the life in Mortem. It is kinda historical for us, their second generation.

But Dad doesn't even allow me to take a single step inside the campus. Based on their story, Mortem University has been closed a year after the tragical ending of the two people, Isabella and Simon's story.

Madami ang nailabas na articles about it and I can't help but to get curious. After a year, it was revived. Mortem was re-opened, and now it is open for public.

Hindi na alam kung miyembro pa din ba ng mga mafioso ang mga nag aaral dito, but still, Mortem played the role of being a charity for black sheeps and rebel teens.

Just like me.

Pagod na tumingin sa akin si Daddy.

"What is it that you really want?" He asked. Everyone knew my Dad to be strict and a beast, but not for us.

He is the best Dad in the world for me, even if I always bring him headaches.

"You know what I want, Dad." I crossed my arms against my chest. Nagtitimping napabuntong hininga ang tatay ko.

"What am I going to do with you, Zoey?"  I grinned. Nothing can stop me from getting what I want, though. Even if I will always cause trouble until I get what I want, I won't get tired. "Fine.. Fine, you get what you want."

I jumped out of joy. "Thank you, Dad!" I hugged him. I know it is hard for him to send me to that school, he clearly knows what is inside it, but still he's pumpering me for whatever I want.

Malaki ang ngisi na lumabas ako sa opisina niya. I have to fix my things and get a flight as soon as possible! Baka magbago pa ang isip ni Daddy.

"What does the Princess gets for having a wide smile like that?" I frowned when my brother gets into my way.

"Get away, Kuya. I am in my best mood to even entertain your stupidity-- Ouch!" He hits my forehead so I glared at him. It's painful!

"I'm still older than you, Zoey. Watch your mouth." I rolled my eyes.

"As if I can watch it." I said sarcastically. Nilampasan ko na siya because I don't have time to talk to him in the most nonsense way.

"Dad will transfer you in Mortem?" Hindi ko namalayan na sinundan niya ako.

"Kuya, please!" I know that he will talk to Dad and go against it, too. Isa siya sa mga dahilan kung bakit ako nandito sa Australia at nakakulong lang sa boring na buhay dito.

His face turned stoic and dark. Mine became emotionless. Hindi man ako lumaki sa karahasan katulad ng kinasanayan niya, I can clearly protect myself well. I know how to fight back.

I am not a fucking damsel in distress that they should always keep an eye on.

I have my own life and I will be the one to run it.

"You don't know what is inside that school, Zoey." I gritted my teeth and clenched my fist.

"I am not asking for your opinion, Kuya. So please, will you leave me while I still have patience?" Normal na sa amin ang mag-away. He knows how I hate it when someone go against what I want, and he always, always do that!

"I am warning you, Zoey. That school won't do you any good. Hindi ko alam kung anong mayroon doon at gustong-gusto mong pumasok sa Mortem, but I hope you won't regret it." He turned his back on me.

"Surely I won't, brother." Pabagsak na naupo ako sa kama at ibinato ang nahagip na unan sa kung saan.

Why can't they just be happy that I will be gone from their eyes? I can promise I'll be a good girl in that school, well if no one would even make the first move to have a fight, but yeah, I will try.

I closed my eyes as tight as I can. Nawala bigla ang excitement ko dahil sa pagkabarda ko kay Kuya.

Nahiga ako at tumitig sa kisame. Upon hearing the story of Simon and Isabella, my attention was drawn to that school.

Mortem University.

Their story was so tragic that even I, the most hopeless in love, had a heartbreak when I knew what happened to them.

I don't believe in love sicks. I don't even have time to spare for it even if I got the chance to. I just want to experience the life in Mortem.

The life of being chased by your own death. I know it sounds crazy, but I feel excited about it.

And I don't want to end like Isabella. I want to set another history for Mortem, and that would be written with my name on it.

Just a little bit of time and I will welcome you in my life, with my arms wide open, Mortem.

*****

Author's note

Hi! This is the sequel of Mortem University and definitely not a book 2. May ilang connections lang ito sa Mortem but I can assure you that this is a stand alone book. This is going to be darker, too. And I know ito na ang ineexpect niyo na ideal character of girl in this kind of genre. So, I just posted this but it will take time for me to update. Please stay tuned for the next chapters of My Psychotic Devil!

I would like to shout out my oh-so-gorgeous and lovable four bessies! You all know who you are. They are my mean gurls, and we might be far from each other right now since we parted ways for our futures, I felt how much they are supporting me in writing..

Actually, sila ang unang nakaalam ng sequel and isa sa kanila is a Psych student, sa kaniya ako humingi ng lectures and explanations about the case of the lead man of this story.. So ayun, I would like to tell you how much I am thankful to have all four of you and please be reminded how much I love you, my bitches! Always 💙

Marie Mendoza

@ThirdTeeYet