Chapter 8: A New Friend?

Sorry it took so long.

—————————

When Wendy wakes up she's alone on the bed. She tries to get up but fails. She struggles and struggles until she passes out from exhaustion. When she wakes up Tinkerbell is looking down at her in fear.

"I'm so sorry Wendy. I can't help you." Tinkerbell says with sadness lacing her lovely voice.

"What's wrong with me, why can't I get up?" For once Wendy is actually scared.

"Pan put a spell on you. You can't get out of this bed until you calm down and move past what he told you last night." Tinkerbell tries to explain it as best as she can.

"My brothers were sent home. Why does he want to keep me?" Wendy is close to tears but tries to hide it.

"He means to break you. Until the only thing left is a shell." Tinkerbell says looking down in shame.

"I won't let him!" Wendy says, she is determined to go home.

"Wendy!" Tinkerbell gasps in shock at Wendy's determination.

"I'm sorry I must get home even if it means killing Peter Pan." Wendy says ready to do whatever it takes.

"I understand." Tinkerbell says getting up. "I won't tell a soul about this."

"Thank you." Wendy says sadly.

It takes three days for Wendy to get up. She realized that at least her brothers are home and safe. In those three days Pan had been keeping his distance. Tinkerbell did visit a lot but wouldn't tell Wendy where Pan was or with who. Wendy drops it and focuses on learning everything she can about the island and everyone who lives there.

Wendy has learned that there are island natives who have lived on the island since before Pan himself. Apparently they are magical beings who can speak every language and their leader has the ability to talk to animals. Mermaids like to swim near the island but if you get too close to them they'll drown you and eat you. Tinkerbell also mentioned wildlife and areas to avoid at all cost.

After days of avoiding her, he returns. They make eye contact and look away at the same time. They don't speak and they don't look at each the rest of the night. Wendy thinks about sleeping on the floor but doesn't have the energy to start an argument.

In the morning Pan finally lets Wendy wander around by herself. It's not like she can leave the island anyways. Tinkerbell gives her some clothes to change into. A black shirt that once belonged to Captain Hook himself, some brown pants that used to belong to one of the younger lost boys, some black boots from that same lost boy, a small dagger with a wooden handle, and a leather satchel. And Wendy goes off to explore.

She explodes for a while and suddenly she runs into something. Not something, someone. She runs into a beautiful girl. They stare at each other for a moment before Wendy finally snaps out of it.

"Hello." Wendy says nervously.

"I was wondering when I would run into you." The girl says circling Wendy. The girl stops and leans against a tree. Wendy turns towards her.

"I'm Wendy Moira Angela Darling. It's nice to meet you." Wendy says nervously.

"Chief Tiger Lily." The girl says coldly.

"It's a pleasure to meet you." Wendy says instinctively. Tiger Lily from the stories! Wendy realizes and tries to act natural. Tiger Lily doesn't respond.

"I must be going now. I was nice meeting you Chief Tiger Lily." Wendy says turning to leave.

"I can help you." Tiger Lily says quickly. Wendy stills and turns towards Tiger Lily slowly.

"What?" Wendy's politeness is completely gone, replaced with venom. "Are you taunting me?"

"Come with me." Tiger Lily says pushing herself off the tree and walking away, not bothering to check if Wendy is following her. Wendy reluctantly follows, she's on high alert.

They walk for about an hour before they make it to a cliff.

"How sweet of you, but I want to make it out of here alive." Wendy growls out.

"This is the only place he can't hear us." Tiger Lily says trying not to roll her eyes.

"Oh." Wendy relaxes but quickly tenses again."Wait! How?"

"My people are the natives of this island. When he came and started taking everything he wanted we put a spell on this mountain allowing only women to enter and not have their 5 senses robbed while on this magic land. He eventually found a way to break it but for some reason this cliff stayed protected." Tiger Lily says with a serious tone.

"So when any man stands on this land they can't hear, see, taste, feel, or smell?" Wendy asks in amazement.

"They are helpless here." Tiger Lily says with a firm nod.

"So how can you help me?" Wendy says tilting her head to the side, her eyes darkening with warning.

"You can leave, of course to do that, all you have to do is kill Pan." Tiger Lily says casually.