Ch.12// Trying to Be Confident

Y/N POV
Michael told me to be more confident. "Do you realize how hard that is?" I had told him. I mean, just last week I was invisible, a nobody, a loser, and I was fine with it. Then I was the girl in the fire. The one who got burned so terribly. The one that everybody pitied. Now I have to just be confident? Whatever. Guess I can try.
I walk into school wearing my usual black tank top and ripped skinny jeans, but with my hoodie tied around my waist this time. It's... a step.
I turned the corner to see Michael standing at my locker. He doesn't see me yet, so I'm sneaking up behind him, until someone grabs my arm and pulls into another hallway.
It's Evan. "Oh, hey Evan! You scared me!" I smacked his arm. He laughed and stood there for a minute. "Did you need something?" I asked him.
"N-no! I w-was just m-making s-sure it was y-you. It w-was hard to tell w-without your h-hoodie on." He smiled awkwardly.
"Yah Michael told me to be more confident in myself. I'm still working on it." I shrugged. He laughed. "W-well it was n-nice seeing you!" He said. I chuckled and walked back out to my locker, but Michael was gone.
I went to my locker and started pulling out my first period notebooks when the door slammed shut, millimeters away from smashing my fingers.
I turned around and glared at the tall guys behind me. Ram Sweeney and Kurt Kelley. "What do you want?" I spat, turning back around to open my locker. Kurt grabbed my shoulder and spun me back around.
"You new here? Never seen you before." I rolled my eyes. Yah. No one has. "No I'm not new."
He kept one hand beside me on the locker and the other he wrapped around me waist. I wanted to gag at the mere contact. Ram Sweeney sat behind him vixaciously chuckling. I tried to shove him away but it was no use, I wasn't strong enough. "Get off of me jerkwad!"
"What'd you say to me?!" He slapped my books outta my hands and pinned my arms to the locker. I winced in pain. Kurt held me in place while Ram just glared at me.
"You need to learn when to shut your mouth... and when to open it." Ram laughed loudly and I gagged once more. "You're pigs."
Ram hit me in the stomach will force. I doubled over in pain, best I could without my arms.
"I'm going to let you off with a warning this time." Kurt said. He kissed my neck and it made me gag louder. What is this lunatic's problem?! He was offended by this and let go of my arms, grabbing my neck instead. I could feel my air escaping and none coming back in. The edges of my vision brimmed and my feet were kicking uselessly in the air.
I was about to pass out when he let go, and I fell to the floor. Kurt was on the ground, getting punched by... Michael. He picked Ram up by the collar and threw him a few feet. They mumbled something and stalked off.
Michael kneeled down next to me. He held my face in his hands and his eyes were glazed with fear. "Oh my god are you okay?" He asked me. I nodded. He looked at my neck angrily and pushed some hair out of my face.
He grabbed my wrist hauling me up with him. "Come on. Let's go get slushies."
I smiled as we walked out to the parking lot.