My mouth fell open at his words, I definitely hadn't expected him to say something like that.  Usually people were happier when I paid my part, so I couldn't understand why he didn't want me to.

"Just whatever they have" I then said, not feeling like starting to argue about something as ridiculously stupid, and he went away without waiting for me to say anything.

I watched him go, tilting my head as I observed him talk to the girl next to the till, a calm but still entrancing vibe dominating the way he acted. I didn't know how he managed to do that. I couldn't understand how someone's presence could be so soothing but so nerve-wracking at the same time.

She smiled at him, perfect white teeth and a blink in her blue eyes as she looked at him, saying something back and seeming unable to take her eyes off him as he took a note out of his black wallet to pay her. He gave it to her, not answering to her smile, but she didn't seem to mind. I wished I knew what it was in him that made him so unique. He could give someone the very least, and yet they'd still feel lucky because he chose to make his gaze land on them.

She took the money and opened the till, taking the change and putting it in the palm of his hand, letting hers hover over his for a while longer. He took it and looked down, putting it back into his wallet and telling her something before moving away, seeming to be completely unaware of the way she kept staring at him even after someone else came to the counter to order.

He slid his wallet back into the pocket of his black coat, rubbing his nose with his index before looking back as he made his way towards me.

"Do you want to stay or go after?" He asked as soon as he reached me, and I turned my head to look out of the glass door I was still standing close to.

The sun had been hidden by the clouds once and for all, but it didn't look like the weather would've turned sour anytime soon. Besides, the least he stayed under that girl's penetrating gaze, the better. I didn't know why I was feeling so protective over him all of sudden, but I definitely hadn't liked the way she'd looked at him. He deserved better than someone that was just interested in seeing what he looked like without his clothes on. He was so much more than just a pretty face, and yet it seemed to be all everyone was interested about when looking at him.

"We can go, there's still some sunlight outside" I said, choosing not to mention the other reason why I definitely didn't mind leaving right away.

I wondered if he'd noticed. He'd acted as if he was completely unaware of the way she'd looked at him, but I wondered if he truly hadn't noticed, or if he just hadn't particularly cared in that moment. I knew for a fact that I would've never asked him.

He just nodded, giving a quick glance out of the glass as well before turning his head back towards the counter as our names were surprisingly called.

I furrowed my eyebrows at how quickly they'd made our orders, and I found myself wondering if they always were that quick, or if they'd sped them up because of Harry.

We walked towards the counter and the same girl Harry had spoken to at the till gave me my order before flashing Harry a bright smile.

"And here's yours, love" she said as she handed it to him, her shamelessness telling me that she'd probably sensed that we were just friends.

He took it and thanked her quickly before making his way out of the cafe, shortly followed by me.

We walked back into the fresh air and I couldn't help but look at him as he gently blew into the small hole in the plastic cap over the cup in an attempt to make it cool down faster, a strand of dark hair falling in front of his eyes as he tilted his head forward to do so. It was getting a bit long - not enough to be actually noticeable, but enough to make it harder for it to stay in place. It curled around his ears looking as soft as a cloud, and I wondered if it truly was as gentle as it looked to the touch. He hadn't shaved that morning, so he had a bit of stubble going on, that somehow made him look even more endearing to me.