Chapter 17 - Part Two

Start from the beginning

After going through the whole list, he giggled to himself, proud of what he had just go himself into. He lay silently, wondering what she was doing right now whilst waiting for his episodes to download. He was smiling as he thought about her, unaware that her father had just walked into the room and had taken a seat onto the sofa apposite his.

“Life is seriously good isn’t it? We all have to take a moment to just lay down and grin, its not like you have a job to go to Zayn”

Zayn had snapped out of his trance and instantly got up and looked toward his soon to be father-in-law.

“Pops, ive called in sick” He fake coughed before continuing. “You don’t need to worry about me”

“Of course you have Zayn” He laughed and shaked his head.

(I’m sorry but it’s just going through my head, I can’t help it!!! I wanna grab both your shoulders and shake baby, snap out of it!! I get the feeling I left it to late but baby, snap out of it!! Who listens to Arctic Monkeys?!?)

Zayn lifted his head a little and cheekily smiled at him with his teeth, and the eldest Hussain could help but laugh at how adorable he looked, just like he was back when he was a little boy.

“come over here” He reached out one arm, signalling to Zayn to come over to where he was.

Zayn instanty got up and sat next to him. Wrapping both his arms around him, he gave him a little squeeze as though he was squeezing a stuffed toy.

Once he let go, he put on arm over him and looked at him, searching for something.

“Whats been happening lately then, Mr Hussain” He empathised his name.

“eh, nothing really. Just bits and bobs. Ive been trying to sort out something.. money wise. But Halimahs mother. Uh she just wont allow it” He rolled his eyes in annoyance, but did it in such a way that it was amusing.

“Got the Mrs still controlling you I see” Zayn laughed.

“Oh just you wait, my little girls just like her. Don’t do as she says and she’ll give you hell”

“Dis boy aint having NO ONE controlling him” He put on his fake bad boy accent, just to amuse the two.

("If that watch dont continue to swing or that fat lady fancies a sing .. ill be here waiting ever so patiently for you to. snap! out! of! it!  okay im done)

Throughout the conversation so far, they both had either a he huge smile on their faces or they just laughed after everything. Thats what they both liked most about each other. They could have the deepest conversations about the most heart-breaking things yet one of them would put a smile to the others face, on way or another. And although they did this, the conversation would still be serious, just not so painful. Zayn was closest to Mr.Hussain from them all, and not just because he forced himself to be because of his current situation. But because they both respected each other. Zayn was like another son to Hashim, and he another father to Zayn.

“Im joking – She scares the heck out of me”

There was both seriousness and amusement in that, and Mr.Hussain saw that.

“Don’t you worry about her Zayn, she’ll soon get used to you being around and honestly saying, I actually thinks she does want to spend time with you. I guess it’s just that she might be afraid to ask you, you know? Annd I understand that you could be too, but you can easily make it funny whereas she’ll be more serious about it”

“Ha yeah! Ill just text her now saying ‘will you be my baaaeeeee’ Do you think she’ll say yes ? Or would she ignore it ?”

He took out his phone from his pocket and began to unlock it.

“stop being an idiot Zayn” Hashim put his phone down, laughing. Unware that Zayn was actually considering doing that.

“why? You do think she’ll say no”

Hashim studied his face and chucked.

“Zayn seriously”

Zayn looked at him blankly, not knowing what was wrong with sending that.

“Zayn?? You were joking about that right?”

He waited a while and shaked his head.

“Thats no way to ask her on a date or something Zayn” He laughed. “Back In my day, we used to do absolutely anythinng for a girl, just so shed go on one date with us”

“But its just for a laugh pops”

“I know I know, shes going to ignore it Zayn” He tried not to laugh, but the seriousness on Zayns face was making it impossible to hold it in.

“You know this reminds me of the time when Halimah once liked this boy back In highschool”

Zayn froze.

“Me and her mother were aware of it but we acted like we didn’t know. She would obsess over him, it was actually adorable. It reminded me of when I was little.. all the girls were attached to me.. I was a bit of a player back then” He joked.

Zayn broke out in laughter, forgetting about what he’d just said about Halimah.

“Anyway.. We figured out that at some point they were dating and we chose not to say anything just then. Whatever happened between them, happened? They were just kids, I’m sure it wasn’t anything major. But after they’d broken up, at some point he texted her something silly about how he wanted them to be together again. We didn’t check her phone or anything! But she was telling a friend and we kind of overheard. From what I can remember, whatever he said was pretty low and well he didn’t put much effort into it seeing as it was a make up. She let him back in a soon as he mentioned it, It was like she didn’t think she was worth anything better than.. that”

Zayn remembered it all, how they had sat and pretended to want her back.

He felt sick.

“Zayn don’t ever let her feel like shes worthless. My beautiful girl deserves the best in life.. she deserves everything and anything. I wish I could have given her that !!! Zayn I don’t want you to feel like im pressurising you, its just that she needs a better life than what shes has had so far. I want her to feel like shes better than what those boys made her out to be..”

“Ill always be there for her!! Don’t you ever worry about that! Nothing will hurt her .. I promise” Zayn had cut him off, he had to say something before Hashim had broken down in tears.

Unaware to them both, Halimah had just arrived home and heard most of what they had said.

And she wasn’t exactly happy with Zayn in general

Considering hed already been engaged!!

She decided to just let him chat a little bit more bs before going in and spoiling their cosy little chat!

Like/Comment/Vote xx