Chapter 1

Oakley POV

*September 2 2014*

The sun shines through my window on Sunday morning. Sitting up, I grab my phone checking to see if my best friend had a text. Nothing, so I head downstairs for breakfast. While I'm debating between toast and cereal (every teenager's worst nightmare), my dad comes down in a suit and tie.

"Going somewhere?" I ask, finally settling on toast.

"I have to go over everything for the grand opening of the new hotel." He answers, before kissing my head and leaving.  

Typical, but what do you expect having a father who owns one of the most expensive chain of luxury hotels in the world?

 Anywho, while still grumbling over my dad's sudden absents I get a text from Mara.

Mara:  You up for a run?

 Me: In 15?

 Mara: Yup!

Once changed, I pull my hair into a high ponytail, before heading to the park.

Mara and I live in a town that is...how should I put it...manicured? Maybe, I guess. Everything is beautiful, picture perfect. Everything and everywhere is an Instagram worthy shot. Consequently, the park is too. Full of big green trees and an a array flowers, but it happens to also be our half way point.

 When I get to the gate, I take a seat on a bench. After what feels like hours, Mara shows up.

"You're late!" I exclaim, crossing my arms.

"I know, sorry." She says, putting her hands up in surrender.

Laughing, we start our weekend route. Basically, it's around town then back to the park.

"Anything new?" I ask as we pass an old lady sitting on a bench. 

"Gwen says that Logan's throwing a party this weekend." She shrugs.

There's a knowing pause on my end. "And?" 

"I have an assumption, that something big will happen." She adds, her tan skin blushing from the exercise.

And there it is.

I shake my head.

"Isn't there always?"

"Well, yeah. I suppose." She sighs, as we pass the empty school

Our friendship goes as far back as our older brothers have know each other. We eventually befriended each other at one of their sporting events, bonding on our awkwardness, and have been virtually inseparable since. 

Once we return to the park, we decide to head home meet up at our favorite café, at one.

My house is quite large I guess, but quite modest by this town's standards. Framed by to large trees, it's clean white exterior and wraparound porch is rather simple for town know for is extravagant brick mansions and intricately manicured front gardens. 

Opening the door, I walk to the kitchen to grab a bottle of water.

"Oakley? Is that you?" 

"Yes Mom. It's me." I answer back,  going to the living room.  I find her reading a home decorating magazine on the couch.

"How was your run?" she asks, putting the magazine down.

"Not bad." I says, before taking another sip of water.

"That's good. I have a meeting at three I need to go to about a fundraiser tonight. Could you take care of Willow?" She asks, getting up and heading outside.

Willow, my 5 year old sister, is honestly the sweetest and cutest child ever.

"Sure. Can Mara come over?" I reply, putting the cap back on the bottle.

"Ten years of friendship, and you still ask if she can come over?" she laughs, before leaving.

I'll take that as a then yes.

After a shower, I change into leggings and a dark red sweater. Sitting on the couch in my room, I decide to do some math homework. At ten to one, I put on boots and a brown scarf and head to the café.

 >>>>>>>>>>

When I arrive, Mara is already sitting at our table, so I order, (a mocha topped with lots of whipped cream and drizzled with chocolate sauce. In case you were wondering.) 

"Hey, do you want to come over tonight?" I ask, hanging my purse on my chair.

"Sorry, it's family night." She pouts, taking a sip of her coffee.

Simon, one of the barristas, brings my drink over, and I smile in excitement.

"So when is Ash coming back?" asks Mara as she takes a sip of her latte.

My older brother Ash is in the navy and has been on a tour for almost 6 months.

"In 32 days." I answer, dipping my finger in the whipped cream.

"That's good." she claps.

I smile and take a sip of my mocha.

  >>>>>>> 

"So what movie are we gonna watch?" I ask, pulling my laptop on to my bed.

"Um...Tangled." Says Willow, who is sitting beside me.

"Okey dokey." I reply, grabbing the dvd and putting in my computer.

Willow and I have a small (ok, maybe huge) Disney movie collection.

"You got the popcorn?"

Nodding, Willow snuggles up to me and the movie begins. Our little puppy Cedar, is sitting in between my legs.

Soon, I have drifted off to sleep.

 ....................................................................................

Hey! I just want to point out my dedcation, quicksliver59257. She an awesome writer and she is also, well....my little sis.

Anywho, comment, vote or like. Whatever floats your boat.

Libby