Chapter 14

Chapter 14

Mara POV

*February 20th, 2015*

“I can’t believe that even after a week, this snowstorm still hasn’t died down” Oakley says.

It is now a week after Valentine’s Day, thus making it a week since the basketball tournament in Central City, making it a week since Logan cheated on Oakley with one of our best friends, Gwen.

Oakley and I just got back from school and are sitting in my room, on my cozy window seat looking out to the mountains. “Yeah” I reply, and we go back into a comfortable silence.

“You know what sucks about it all?” Oakley says, breaking the silence, “What?” I ask, “Just the fact that almost everyone told me that Logan wasn’t a nice guy, and yet I decided to trust him, and he cheats on me with one of my friends.” She says with a huff.

This past week has been filled with a lot of Bell avoiding on Oakley’s part, a bit of Bell chewing out and a lot of glaring on my part. “And Gwen, it’s like she’s out to get me, I mean she dated my brother, broke his heart, and was with my boyfriend while I still with him!” she exclaims, “Ughh I can’t stand her!” I say, and I really can’t, Oakley and I were there for her when she first came to Shield. Oakley was her friend! And she does this! For both Oakley and Logan, this is not okay.

              “Ughh I can’t think about those two anymore, can we change the subject?” she says, “Have you decided what extra-curricular activity you’re going to do?” I decided to take on another extra-curricular activity because the only thing I really do is the Newspaper, and now that I have a steady staff (other than a sports reporter! *huffs*) it’s left me with a bit of free time, so I decided take up something new, and when I told Oakley what it was, she says, “You want to volunteer at the tutor center? I didn’t know you liked tutoring.”

“Well I’ve never really tired it, but it seems kind of fun, and it looks good on a college application, but most of all I get to help people, I’m actually really excited!” I explain, “Well then I’m glad for you,” she says happily, “Thanks,” I say, “I can’t wait!”

 .....................................................

“Off to my former favorite class” Oakley says dully, “Former?” I ask, confused.

It’s Monday and we are heading to History, a class that has always been Ley’s favorite. Then I remembered why that class has been ruined.

“They are so annoying! Imean are they really that insensitive? It’s like they’re flaunting their relationship in front of you!” I exclaim angrily, this is the only class we have with both Logan and Gwen, and they seem to enjoy to display their affection publicly every time Oakley comes anywhere near them.  “I’ll just try to ignore them,” Ley says, right before we enter the class.

              We have a seating plan so I sit down next to Jaden, nod hello to him, then look around.

Jaden and I are placed in the very back so I can see everyone. Oakley is in the front row, next to Scott who seems to be talking very animatedly about the past week he spent in his hometown. The pair next to them is Charlotte and Landon, and behind them is Gwen with her partner.

All of the Shielders are here, and many other students say, with Sheilders, comes a lot of drama.  I’m not at all offended, because unfortunately it’s not, not true.

              “So class, if you have your permission slips ready for the weekend, please pass them up to the front.” Mr. Durham, who happens to also be the senior boys’ basketball teams coach, says, snapping me out of my thoughts.

This weekend the class is heading to North Chester for two days to check out all of the museums they have there. We were all super exited for this trip up until last weekend; unfortunately it is a requirement, so I guess we’re all heading to North Chester, I think as I’m passing the permission form up to the front.

 ...............................................................................................

Hiya everybody!!

Thanks SOOOOOO much for all the reads. Libby and I are aboslutly flabergasted!

We have a really superdouperfragalistic chapter planed next. Lots of drama.
Can you guess what it is? haha

Wait a second, that's a cool contest idea....comment down below what you think will happen and you'll be dedecated gaurentee in the next chapters!

Last point before I go, please comment. Feedback is welcome all the time but it can be anything like how much school sucked today. Anything at all!

Well, I better scoot. Have a good day/night/afternoon ect.

Mishi