Chronicles of an Unusual Hybrid

Lyall stumbled out of Scott's house with tears running down her face. The group around the True Alpha had taken it upon themselves to make sure she knew that they didn't like having her around. Ever since her true heritage had revealed itself, they pushed her away. Funny, considering that Lydia was a Banshee and Jackson had been a Kanima. The two of them and Stiles were the only ones who didn't treat Lyall like absolute crap.

"Lyall," a voice called out quietly. The eighteen-year-old turned her head, seeing one of her best friends standing next to his car.

"Jordan," she whispered, stumbling over to the Deputy.

He wrapped his arms around the half-Hellhound, resting his chin on top of her head "Shh," Parrish whispered "It's alright, Lyall. You're fine."

"Why do they... Why do they treat me like something's wrong with me?" Lyall hiccuped through her tears.

"Because they're hypocritical idiots," the man gave back, prodding the girl over to the passenger side of his car "I'll take you back to mine for tonight. Come on." He hated seeing her treated like this. Just because her father had been a Hellhound and she had inherited that particular thing from him – the only thing she actually got from her father, she was shunned. Well, her mother was a piece of work herself. The two had moved to Beacon Hills a few months before Lyall's eighteenth birthday, giving the younger girl just enough time to find friends before she unknowingly came into her inheritance. Of course, the first thing her mother did was to start trash talking her daughter even more than she did before, making Lyall seem like the worst child a mother could have. Jordan thought that Kathy Jones was jealous that her daughter got more attention than her from her former boyfriend – or was it one-night-stand? Lyall never talked about her father much, so the Deputy wasn't sure whether she even knew who he was.

Jordan glanced over when the girl in his passenger seat quieted down and smiled lightly to see Lyall curled up against the door. How anyone could treat her badly, he didn't know. Sure, she could be fiercely protective and even hurt people easily but she would die for her family and friends. Sadly, Kathy never talked much about her family and the only reason that Jordan was aware of some of the details was because he had to go through some files and stumbled over the information. Kathy Jones was born Katherine Hale. She had left her family almost as soon as she turned eighteen and never looked back.

-----------------

"I want to leave," Lyall spoke up, playing with the spoon that was inside her cup of tea "I just... I can't stay here, Jordan."

The Deputy looked the girl over and despite the fact that she had slept quite a few hours, she looked exhausted "Where do you think about going?"

"England," Lyall replied instantly "I want to go back."

"Well, you're eighteen," Jordan pointed out "There's nothing stopping you. Hell, I will even help you if you want. Getting out of this crap hole will be the best thing you could do, Lyall."

The half-Hellhound bit her lip "You think so? What about mom though?"

"Do you really think she would..." the man broke off before he could say something he'd regret later "You should do what you think is right. If leave is the only way you see, then go for it. I know that your father left you some money..."

Lyall hummed thoughtfully "Thanks, Jordan," she smiled sadly "I really wish you could come with me."

"Sorry, kiddo," he shrugged "But you're gonna do fine on your own and I'm sure that you and I will be staying in contact. No maybe about it."

"Definitely," Lyall laughed, taking a big sip of her tea. She bit her lip "I just wanted to say... Thanks. For helping me... Making me see that being different isn't a bad thing."

Jordan nodded "I think you mean that being a Hellhound isn't a bad thing."

"Yeah," the eighteen-year-old muttered "That." She didn't like the fact that she wasn't human. It just seemed... surreal, even after a few months of getting used to it. While she could control most of the abilities she had gotten on her birthday, Lyall was still getting used to being an outcast. If her unusual eye colour didn't do then trick then it was the fact that she would still randomly start glowing. Yeah, maybe a fresh start somewhere completely different was a good thing. No one knew her or her secrets and she could live without the constant reminder that she was unwanted.