That's when I realized. She's like...the female version of me! She's like...e-everything I had always looked for in a girl...oh my fucking God what am I saying?! What!? No, Nialler, shake that outta your head! She's beautiful! It must just be a spell! You have a girlfriend. You have a girlfriend. You have a girlfriend. *She laughed more* Dammit! I have a fucking GIRLFRIEND!!!

"Peri Peri Chicken is the best." I told her, stumbling on some words. She blushed and laughed a little more. "So where are you from?" I asked.

"New York in the United States." Lucy told me. "You?"

"Ireland. But I live here in London. Why are you over seas?" I then asked.

"Studying abroad for a whole year." Lucy said. I laughed. Finally her order was called followed shortly behind was my order. I watched as Lucy scribbled something on a napkin. Before I exited she handed it to me. "My number. I kinda need a friend. Call me sometime, yeah?" She asked. There was my perfect opportunity.

"I have a girlfriend, actually." Is what I SHOULD have said. What I really said was: "Sure. Bye Lucy." Even with a fucking smile. What is wrong with me?! But then Lucy was gone. She was gone. There was no turning back. So I just shoved the napkin in my back pocket and made my way to the car.

*****

Olivia's P.O.V.

When Niall returned with the food his whole attitude was different. I could just feel it in the air. Maybe they got his order wrong, maybe they gave him diet instead of regular, maybe he hit a pothole on the car ride home. Anything could set him off. Believe it or not, he has a little bit of a short temper. 

"Hey babe." I said. Niall just nodded in my direction before he sat next to me, already digging into his chicken. "What'd you get?" I asked. Niall just tipped the box in my direction so I could see. I wanted an actual answer. Not a visualization. "How was the trip?" I then asked. He just shrugged. "Did...something happen?" I asked. "Did I do something wrong?" Niall paused, maybe I just hit a nerve. He set down the box and clicked off the television. Uh-Oh.

"You know how we have like a whole complete honesty thing between us?" He asked. I nodded and sat up. "Well I've got to tell you that today I met a girl. Her name is Lucy. She's really nice and funny." He said. That slut.

"O-okay?" I asked, my throat beginning to dry up. 

"And I liked talking to her. I liked having a conversation with her. And I-" I stopped him there. I could tell where this was going. I've been down this rode before.

"Well I know what's going to happen now. 'We've been different lately', 'things aren't the same anymore'. So don't give me the speech. I understand perfectly." I growled. I ripped the blanket off myself and headed for the kitchen. Niall, like some kind of teleporting leprechaun, grabbed my elbow and stopped me.

"What's with the attitude? You tell me everything, am I not allowed to tell you everything?" He asked. I just smiled sarcastically.

"Yeah but I've been in this position before. I've been dumped because the guy moved on to someone else. What did she give you her number and said she just 'needed a friend'?" I asked. Niall was dead silent. "ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!" I stormed into the kitchen. 

"No it's not like that-"

"Did you mention that you had a girlfriend?" I asked. Again, silence. I threw my hands up in frustration. "Okay I see how it is then." I said. This is it. He's hiding something else. "You liked her didn't you? You liked the way her hair looked and I'm sure she was thirty pounds lighter. I'm sure she made you laugh and you felt so happy with her. I bet she had a different accent that made her even more intriguing. I bet she had bleach blond hair and had some kind of tramp stamp--"