Chapter Four

**Three Week Later**

Louis' P.O.V.

"I really think you're wonderful, Vanessa." I said said smiling. She looked at her feet as we continued walking. She wrapped her arm around mine and grinned up at me.

"You're not so bad yourself." She told me with a wink. She giggled and hugged my arm tighter.

I met Vanessa a few weeks ago. I'd talked with her for a while until I finally asked her out. To say the least I was completely smitten with her. Her black hair was beautiful, she was extremely fit, she had beautiful bright blue eyes...I really liked this girl. 

Vanessa suddenly tensed up and released my arm. I looked over to her and noticed she had stopped walking. I stopped in front of her. She looked extremely uncomfortable.

"Babe, what's wrong?" I asked, gently rubbing her arm. She looked up at me with sad eyes. I dropped my arm from hers and crossed them over my chest. "Love, we've got to go we might lose our dinner reservations." I reminded her. She looked out in the distance her hair slowly blowing back with the wind. She's absolutely stunning. 

"I can't go, Louis." She whispered. I frowned and tilted her head up and forced her to meet my eyes. She was about to cry. I got a strange feeling in the pit of my stomach. Her bottom jaw quivered.

"Vanessa...tell me." I said. She looked away and then smacked my hand away. I took a step back. She was acting completely out of character. "Vanessa...?"

"I can't do it anymore Louis. All the girls that tweet me telling me to die? All the publicity? I can't do it anymore Louis. I just can't." I took another step back, taking in what she was telling me. I opened my mouth to say something but words just could not come out. "Honestly, you're just not worth it, Louis." She said. That finally tore my heart in two. Here I was, standing here on our way to our tenth date, and she was breaking up with me because I wasn't worth it

"What...what do you mean?" I choked out. And I was going to tell her I loved her tonight...a fancy dinner? What could have been better? But now that's shattered. And I thought I was falling for her...

"I don't want to date Louis Tomlinson the One Direction hottie." Vanessa told me. "I want to date Louis. But you have to many strings attached to you. I'm not prepared for them." She said. I looked at my feet, unable to process words. "I'm sorry, Louis...please don't hate me..." She whispered. I looked away squinting at the rays of the setting sun. Was she really doing this? Now? "I'm gonna go...thanks for everything. I just...I couldn't let you suffer anymore." Vanessa quickly kissed me on the cheek and then turned away. I watched her hail a cab and in a flash she was gone. 

I wiped the single tear from my eye and balled my fists in anger. I walked to my car and angrily threw the back door open. I grabbed the bottle of vodka from the backseat and got into the driver's seat. I didn't pop it open until I was parked. I walked up the steps and knocked on a familiar door taking a deep swig of the liquor. 

"Coming!!" She yelled. I took another drink as I heard the locks un-click over and over again. Finally the door was pulled in.

"Louis?" Olivia asked. I pushed my way through the door. I hadn't seen her in over a week. "Louis what are you doing here?" She asked closing the door behind her. "And what's with the vodka??" I turned and suddenly I was right in front of her. She looked up at me with wide eyes as I towered over her. 

"Remember how when you were heartbroken, I helped you?" I asked. She warily nodded. "I need your help now." 

"L-Louis...we said we'd never do this again..." She whispered. I stepped back and took another drink. I opened my arms wide.