gay thoughts and a love letter (pt 5)

A/N this is the last chapter of this lil byler thing!! after this its back to your regularly scheduled programming

Will looked at himself in the mirror. Mike's visiting today.

Will was excited and anxious as soon as he woke up, which was quite early. He tried to go back to sleep but he couldn't silence his thoughts.

He was anxious because he didn't know what would happen. He had decided that this could go one of three ways. Way #1: Mike got the letter, didn't write back because he doesn't like Will and is going to reject him when he shows up today. Way #2: Mike didn't get the letter at all and everything stays the way it used to be. Way #3: Mike got the letter and is going to tell Will that he feels the same way. Unfortunately for Will, Way #1 seemed the most plausible.

He was excited because he hadn't seen Mike in months. He missed him, so much. Finally, he would see his face and not just imagine it. He would hear his voice and not just over the phone. No matter what happened today, he got to see Mike. Maybe that would be enough for Will.

Unable to calm himself, he had gotten ready. He wanted to look his best today. He wasn't sure why. He knew his appearance wasn't going to change Mike's mind when he got here. Whatever Mike's mind said.

Will didn't exactly have a plan as to how he was going to handle this. He just assumed that in the moment, he'd know what to say. At least he hoped he would. He also hoped that, maybe, El would be willing to give him some advice.

     He walked into El's room, knowing that she was probably also awake. For some reason, she had been waking up early. Will couldn't understand why, as he often slept in.

    "Hey" she greeted when she saw him enter. She had already gotten ready and was sitting on her bed, drawing, when Will walked in. She had taken a liking to drawing while watching Will draw Mike. She didn't think she was that good, but Will had been helping her and, clearly, she had been practicing.

    "Mike's visiting today" Will acknowledged, sitting down next to her. She set aside her art supplies and faced him, ready to talk. Will felt relieved that they had such a good friendship. As pathetic as it sounded, Will does need her advice. "I don't know what to do" Will laughed nervously.

    "Will, relax." El smiled. He couldn't relax. No matter what he did, he couldn't relax.

    "I don't know. Do I bring it up first? I-" Will sighed. He was really clueless.

    "Wait for him." she advised. Ok, that sounded like good advice. That way, if he hadnt gotten the letter, Will wouldn't seem stupid for bringing it up.

    "Ok, yeah, that makes sense" Will agreed.

    "Can you help me with this?" El asked, gesturing to the drawing.

    "Yeah! Of course" Will beamed. He'd feel too selfish to admit it, but having El ask him for help with art really gave him confidence in his own abilities. He was always told that his art was great, but he never really believed it. Plus, he liked teaching El. Art was something he loved to do and getting to share that with someone it...well it was fun. And for now, it would give Will a chance to get everything off of his mind.

    They continued their art lesson and talked for about an hour. It was mostly just Will rambling about art, his anxiety fueling his words. They didn't really discuss Mike, Will wouldn't even know what to say. He didn't want to bother El with all of his concerns, though he knew she would listen.

But, at one point, for no reason at all, maybe he was trying to lighten the mood, he wasn't really sure, Will turned to El and said, "I don't know how to kiss anybody."