𝐄𝐏𝐈𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄 ; WHAT THE FU-

𝐈 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄 𝐋𝐔𝐂𝐘𝐛𝐲 -𝐬𝐞𝐛𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐧

𝐈 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄 𝐋𝐔𝐂𝐘
𝐛𝐲 -𝐬𝐞𝐛𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐧

— — —

NEARLY a week later, the class was back in New York, meeting up with family and friends at the airport. Lucy had been taken straight to the nearest hospital in London when Beck was gone and was now stable enough to fly home. She was instructed to take medication for the next few weeks and told not to do any physical activities.

Peter and Lucy were side by side, hands tightly held. Peter fought a smile, eyes trained forward. He was used to holding hands with her, but now he felt refreshed and happier than ever. Lucy bit her bottom lip, looking down at her promise ring as they walked through the building.

As most of the students departed to their family, Lucy and Peter stopped, watching everyone.

MJ tapped Lucy on the shoulder, before giving her a tight hug. "You're sure you're okay? How are you feeling?"

"Well, seeming I passed out for a day and a half in the hospital, and I've taken a bunch of pain killers..." Lucy paused, seeming to think. "I feel a lot better now."

"Okay good." MJ started to walk away. "Call me when you get home, okay?"

"Got it! Bye!" She called out, before smiling at Peter again. They leaned in, kissing one another for a short moment.

"You guys are so cute!"

Lucy broke the kiss, bowing her head into his neck to stifle a laugh. Turning, they smiled at Betty and Ned when they approached.

"Thanks," Peter said proudly, throwing his arm around Lucy's shoulder before giving her cheek a peck. "I was thinking that maybe we should all...I don't know, go on a double date or something?"

"Ooh, that would be fun!" Lucy smiled, reaching up to grab his hand and intertwine their fingers again.

"Oh...we broke up." Ned and Betty said at the same time. They gazed at each other skeptically.

"Wait, what?" Lucy suddenly frowned, tilting her head. "Why?"

"Men and women grow apart," Ned explained and Betty nodded. "But the journey they shared together will always be a part of them."

Betty grabbed Ned's cheek. "You are so wise."

Lucy deadpanned.

"Thank you." Ned smiled, giving Betty a single nod.

Peter frowned, watching Ned and Betty shrug before walking off. Lucy and Peter shared a look before laughing together.

"C'mon, May texted me that they're both here." Peter smiled, pulling Lucy forward.

The two made their way outside the airport, gazing around before they found May and Allison talking in front of their parked cars. May saw Peter before beaming. "Oh! Hey, Peter!"