𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓; BABY MOUNTAIN GOATS

𝐈 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄 𝐋𝐔𝐂𝐘𝐛𝐲 -𝐬𝐞𝐛𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐧

𝐈 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄 𝐋𝐔𝐂𝐘
𝐛𝐲 -𝐬𝐞𝐛𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐧

— — —

LUCY exited the bus, nodding stiffly at Dimitri, signalling she got the suit. Dimitri nodded back slowly before Brad jogged up to her, waving his phone.

"Hey, yo, Lucy! There's something you need to see!"

She cocked an eyebrow before Mr. Harrington stepped out of the washroom, blocking Brad.

"Okay! Everybody put their foot in front of the other and get on the bus!" Mr. Dells called out, exiting the washrooms. Peter clenched his jaw, glaring as Brad entered the bus.

PETER quickly popped his head from around the seat, glancing at Brad with wide eyes. Pushing his back to the seat, he let out a shaky breath before slipping on his glasses. Lucy was once again in her own world; headphones on, music loud, and thinking of other things.

"EDITH?" Peter said quietly, glancing at Lucy to watch for any reaction.

"Hello, Peter. How can I help you?"

"H-Hey. There's this guy in my class who's kinda got a thing for Lucy..." Peter's voice quieted as he ranted on. "Or I think he does? Maybe he's just trying to break us up or something? He said he was gonna show her the photo and say I'm cheating on her..."

"Peter, I'm having difficulty hearing you. Can you please speak up?" the AI responded and his eyes widened slightly.

"Um, Brad Davis." Peter blurted, "He has a photo of me?"

"Brad Davis. Is he a target?" she asked before Peter glanced back at him again.

Brad's holographic display showed him looking at the photo of him and Fury's hired agent who gave him the noir suit. Peter pushed his back into his seat once more. "Is he a target? Yeah, yeah. He's a target. He's a target."

"Copy that." The glasses displayed Brad's photo and other videos of him. Behind everything, Dimitri gave Peter a strange look before focusing forwards again. "Target is Brad Davis. Initiating strike."

Peter, perked his head up. "Initiating what now?"

"Intercepting point determined. Releasing kill vehicle."

"EDITH—" Peter blinked, opening and closing his mouth a few times. Glancing at Lucy again, he found her nearly asleep, face pressed against the glass.

Swallowing, he slowly nudged her. "L-Lucy?"

In response, she only groaned, brows furrowing deeply. She gave Peter's hand a light shove before trying to resume resting. In any other case, Peter would have found her reaction cute, but he shook his head, shaking her again.