Chapter 8 - Breakfast Club

When I finally got home the next morning, Andy was already in the shower, clearly having already taken Max for a run. Under normal circumstances, I think that I would've climbed into the shower with him for some sexy times, but after the night I had just had at the hospital, I couldn't bring myself to do it. I slipped my clogs off near the back door, dropped my keys and plugged in my phone on the counter in the kitchen and made my way into the bedroom.

I blindly started pulling off my scrubs, because they felt dirty and contaminated to me, even though I had showered and changed after my ordeal with Mr. Anderson in the ICU.
I changed into my red FEED t-shirt and a pair of comfy yoga pants and waited for Andy to emerge from the bathroom, as the water had stopped while I was changing.

Within minutes he did emerge, still dripping wet, with the towel wrapped over his lower half, but hanging low so that the fine V-cut of his inguinal ligaments was clearly visible, and the fullness of his chest was maximally displayed. He startled a little at the site of me, and me of him, but for different reasons. Taken unawares like this, it was truly stunning just how beautifully made he was. His arms were thick and strong, but not overly sinewy with unnecessary vasculature. His curly dark brown hair looked almost black and hung down past his ears. His grey-blue eyes were kind and soft, and surrounded by the most glorious lashes. His shoulders and back were speckled with occasional freckles and his feet were bony and callused from his running.

He walked over to me and kissed me softly on the lips. I wrapped my arms around him and kissed him back - suddenly feeling more desire then I had mere moments before. He was becoming increasingly aroused, either that or he had smuggled an eggplant out of the shower. And yet, I think he could tell that I was exhausted and that if we walked down that road, we would not likely stray from it for several hours, which would be hard on both of us.

He moved away first, walking over to the dresser that I kept by the desk in my bedroom and opened up the middle drawer, which I had given him, so that he could stop feeling like a homeless migrant when he stayed at my place.
"How was your shift?" He asked casually, dropping the towel to put on some briefs.

I tried to look away to give him some privacy, but it was impossible. His unmoving body was indeed breathtaking and statuesque, but Dear Lord! His body in motion was a thing of beauty!
"I promise that I'll tell you about it at some point, I think I just need to not talk about it right now, if that's ok."
He paused for a minute in the middle of getting dressed and came and sat down on the bed next to me.

I'm not sure what came over me, but I just started crying, really more of a muffled sob. I leaned into his body and wrapped my arms around his head. He folded me onto his bare chest and just held me tightly as I quietly fell apart. I'm not sure what had prompted my outburst, probably stress from the night shift, general exhaustion, relief at being home, angst at having to go back to work tonight, arousal at Andy's naked body and sadness that I lacked the energy to act on it.

When I had quieted down, I pulled away from him, and wiped my face, embarrassed that I had just ugly-cried all over him.
"Sorry about that," I said, looking around for a tissue to wipe up the snot threatening to drool all over my face. "This is going to sound totally unfeminist of me, but I think it's that time of the month."
"Why is that an 'unfeminist' thing to say?" He asked, tucking a wisp of hair behind my ear.
"It's not, it's actually the most feminist thing I can think of, it's just I'm sure there is a cadre of  self-entitled Internet trolls who would say that I'm betraying my gender by recognizing that I experience predictable catamenial emotional lability."
"Catamenial?" He said quizzically.
"It means with each menstrual cycle. And obviously, I'm about to get mine - hence the tears. I'm sorry Andy, I'm sure this isn't the morning reunion you were hoping for."