Aftermath & New Beginnings

"FUCK!" Izuku shouts, slamming his hand into the brick wall.
He turns around, his back against the wall, and slides down, and buries his head in his hands.
*Knock Knock*
"Hey, bud... I know you're probably not in the mood, but I brought some food for you... You haven't come out of your room in a couple of days..."
John says.
Izuku sniffs.
"Go away. I'm thinking right now."
"Alright kid. I'm leaving your food here at the door."
John's footsteps fade down the hall.
Izuku slowly gets up, walking to the door and quickly grabs the food and shuts the door again.
Mina, who has been worried sick for Izuku saw this and went to his door.
She hovers her hand above his doorknob.
"Izukun...?" She calls out.
No response.
She calls out to him again.
Still no response.
Fearing the worst, she opens the door, to see Izuku at his desk, with the light shining down in front of him. He was working on something.
He mumbled something and gets up from his desk. Mina now clearly seeing what was in front of him.
He was using his spare prosthetic while working on his arm.
Mina could see a blueprint of something on the wall in front of Izuku's desk.
It read, "Mod arm Mk. IV."
She put her hands over her mouth, as she realized it was a resuscitator that he was building into his arm. She could hear him rummaging around in his toolbox.
Her knees buckled, as she realized what Izuku was going through.
She stands up shakily and begins to walk towards Izuku.
"Izu..." She whispers.
He ignores her, walking straight past her, back to the desk.
Upon closer inspection, she could see he was crying while he worked. The alloy creaking and old joints giving out slowly, forcing him to constantly reset his arm.
Mina walks up behind him, wrapping her arms around him, crying.
"Please Izu... Stop blaming yourself..." She chokes out.
Izuku continues to work on the arm, bleeding at the fingers.
She pulls him away from his desk and holds him upright.
His bloodshot eyes, his flushed cheeks, weak knees, and his hands. There was blood all over his hands.
"Come here... Please, Izuku..." She whispered.
In a daze, he walked forward, and tripped, stumbling into Mina's arms.
She felt his forehead, and her eyes widened.
"Fever...?!" She exclaimed.
"John!!!" She calls out, only for a hand to grab her arm.
"Don't..." Izuku rasped out.
"Don't stop... Me..." He coughs.
His knees give out, and he stumbles again.
"Are you... Drunk?" She asks.
Absentmindedly, he nods, then points to his desk, where Mina sees a half-empty bottle of whiskey.
"I'm... Totally... Fine... Let me get back to work, M-mina..." He stands back up, only for Mina to grab him and pull him back down to her arms.
She grabs her phone and calls U.A's number.
*Ring...Ring...Ring...Click!*
"Hello, this is Principal Nezu of U.A high speaking. How may I help you?"
Mina frantically responds.
"Principal! Principal Nezu! I need your help! Please send recovery girl and others to the Wick estate! It's Izuku! Izuku needs help! Please!!!" She shouts into the mic.
Nezu flinches on the other end and dispatches to Aizawa, Nemuri, Hizashi, Chiyo, and Toshinori.
"You five. Head to the Wick estate, ASAP. Young Midoriya needs your help!" He explains.
"Yes, sir!" They reply.
Toshinori's body begins to steam, and his body begins to expand.
"Hang in there, young Midoriya. We are coming!"
Wick estate
"John!" Mina and Eijirou's shouts echo down the hall. John races up the stairs and turns in Izuku's doorway.
He cups a hand over his mouth, as a stench hits him. It reeked of blood, sweat, and booze.
Mina was sitting on the floor, crying and holding Izuku in her arms, who was unconscious. His hands bruised, and bloody. His desk was covered with paper, pencils, and his prosthetic was on it. There were tools strewn about the room. A hole was in the brick.
He looked over and saw a bottle of whiskey.
"Oh... Oh my God... Izuku... How did I not notice..." John's head was spinning. Eijirou, who heard knocking rushes down the stairs, and answers the door.
"Come in. Please hurry..." He says, grimly.
The five go up the stairs, and turn the corridor, to Izuku's room. When they see the condition, Nemuri and Chiyo nearly cry.
"Young Midoriya..." All might's mouth was agape, staring in shock as the boy was laying on the ground.
Aizawa's eyes widen, and he walks over to John.
"How did I not notice... How did I not notice... How did I not notice..." John mumbles, on the verge of tears.
Shota grabs his arm, shaking him back to reality.
"Hey. John. Come back. He needs you."
John looks up into Shota's eyes.
'I've never seen him like this...'
Shota thinks, staring into John's eyes.
"Shota... Please... Tell me I'm dreaming... Tell me that my only kid isn't in that much pain..."
Shota grits his teeth, and moves into action.
"Recovery girl! Get started on him! All might! Stay by his side! We need to flush the alcohol out of his system! Nemuri, you're with all might! Hizashi, grab some salt and a glass of warm water and a toothbrush!" He barks orders.
Hizashi returns, with all of the things that he was told to grab.
"Nemuri, All Might, hold his arms," Shota instructs.
They nod and follow suit.
Shota poured the salt into the glass of water and mixes it. Then, he props Izuku's head onto Mina's lap, and then puts the saline water into Izuku's mouth, making sure he swallowed the water.
Then, Shota pushed the toothbrush into Izuku's mouth and touched the back of his throat with it.
Izuku turns over and throws up a mix of Blood, vomit, and whiskey.
"Jesus, fuck!" Shota curses.
Izuku coughs a few times, then wipes his mouth.
"It... Was my fault... He died because of me... I have to fix myself... I have to make up for it..." He rasped out.
The weight of the situation hit the 8 of them like a train.
"He blames himself for Akabane Sho's death, and to prevent that from happening again, he tried to modify his arm, and somewhere along the way picked up a bottle of whiskey...
The putrid smell of the vomit on the floor seemed so minuscule compared to what was currently racing through everybody's mind in that room.
Izuku coughs again, reaching out for the desk.
"Let me work... I've seen enough death in my... Life already... First, it was... Dad... Then, it was..." He coughs again.
"...then it was Mom... And now... Sho... I... Can't do this any...more...! Let... Me... Work!" He gets to his knees, crawling along the floor, desperately trying to get back to his arm.
All might picks him up, crying.
"It's all right now, young man... Why? Because we are here." He smiles, his eyes still leaking.
A day later, at U.A.
"So, Young Midoriya. For possession and illegal use of Alcohol, your punishment will be swift, and unavoidable." Nezu says, sternly, looking at the young man.
"Yes, sir." He says, monotonously.
"Your punishment is... 24 hours of house arrest, and a written apology to your father, All might, Midnight, Eraserhead, Present Mic, and Recovery girl. You are also expected to complete any assignments issued during your house arrest within the time of issue. On top of that, a week without using your quirk or your prosthetics." He smiles then.
"We all understand your pain. After you explained to us that you didn't want to lose anyone else, we realized that you weren't drinking just to drink. You were drinking to numb the pain of your hands while you worked.
Thankfully, Recovery girl told us that those wounds would heal easily. However, that would add to your collection of scars, which is... Unfortunate. Understood?" He asks.
Izuku smiles sadly.
"Loud and clear, sir."