It Starts With an Action

(Policeman!Craig x Detective!Kyle)

(Craig's P.O.V}
I don't know what I'm doing here. You may be asking, "What are you doing right now?" Well, currently I'm looking over paper notes that my work assignment partner has come up with. We've been assigned to figure out the case of a few missing townsfolk. Each of the missing person's file say that they were at the same spot, but in different time frames, when they went missing. What makes it worse though is that my partner is none other than Kyle Brofloski,—the almost mainly adorable, red-headed, caring and kind Jewish guy. If you're asking why, it because I have a goddam crush on this guy! And I cannot focus on this case with him around! It's so frustrating that I want to hit him!...Gently...on his lips...with mi—not the point!

Finally noticing that Kyle is trying to get my attention, I look up from the papers at him. "You okay Tucker? Need a break?" He asks me, concern laced into his voice. I think about it for a minute. 'Do I need a break? Hmm...No. I'll be fine.' I decided and shake my head, not trust my words right now. He sighs, but nods and continues with looking over a few of the papers he has. I try to focus on the case papers, but I just can't. So I really quickly peck his lips then immediately leave after, heading to my car. I'm never going to hear the end of this tomorrow.

{Kyle's P.O.V}
'Did he just...Does he like me? That can't be right... Right?' My thoughts are just completely running off course, and I'm being too distracted to be able to work on this case. I try to call him or at least text him, but he isn't responding to anything I send him. I give up for the night and clean up my workspace. I'll try again tomorrow morning. I pack my papers into my case and close it, bringing it with me to my car. Unlocking and getting in my car, I head back to my house. It's not the biggest house, but it's a decent size. After arriving home, I get out of my car and go inside my house, getting greeted by silence. 'Like always I suppose.' I think, setting my stuff on the counter in the kitchen and starting to work on my dinner. This'll be a long night.

{The Next Morning}
He hasn't shown up to work yet. 'Wonder why he hasn't.' Shaking my head, I get back to the work papers that I'm filing. After some time, I hear the files room door open. I look up from what I'm currently looking through and see Craig standing in the doorway. "Oh, hey Craig. How are you?" I ask him out of habit. He shrugs, looking like he's lost in thought. I finish what I was filing and close the cabinet, locking it afterwards. Then I walk closer to him, standing in front of him. He snaps out of his thoughts and looks at me, confused about what I'm doing. I pull him down a bit by his shirt collar and kiss his cheek. "Let's go finish this murderous case, okay?" He nods, unable to speak for the time being. I smile and walk out of the filing room, leaving him to follow along.

The murderer took their own life in the end instead of going to prison like they were supposed to. Also, Craig and I started dating a few days afterwards. I'm sure that he's never been happier than he is when with me.

Love can be unexpected. Just roll with the unexpected, and you'll gain a surprise.

(Hello lovely readers! You all have been very supportive of my book of stories, so thank you for that. This book isn't over yet, so just sit tight. Have a lovely day/afternoon/night! Bye! -Author)