[7] Problematic

"Conan? Kai? Are you asleep?"

They both looked at each other in panic as KID closed the window and jumped under the futon with Conan, Tsuki looking between them both as they quietly mouthed to each other who was at fault for almost being caught.

"...Goodnight." Ran smiled, walking out to sleep as she had school tomorrow.

Both Conan and KID pulled the blanket off at the same time they glared at each other, Conan actually irritated as KID just looked amused. Conan kicked him out of his futon and cuddled up with Tsuki facing his back to him.

"Ow!" KID groaned, turning to see Conan and Tsuki getting comfy.

"Tsuki~! I though you were on my side." KID pouted, watching as Conan grin at him before turning back to sleep.

"You're mean, little detective." KID huffed, walking over to the other futon set before for him and moved his dufle bag into a pillow case to disguise it. He got under the futon and sighted as he looked at the ceiling in thought.

"...what is in the duffle bag?" Conan asked as he looked to the wall, facing away from KID, petting Tsuki like if it was more interesting than the conversation he started.

KID looked over at Conan with slight amusement then back at the ceiling.

"Y'know, stuff like my laptop, some gadgets, my deck of cards, clothes, a gun..."

"A gun???" Conan asked startled, sitting up quickly and now more cautious than before, KID laughed as he sat up.

"That was a joke, it's just my laptop, clothes, and gadgets." He smiled, watching in amusement as the little detective let a sight of relief escape him.

Conan noticed him staring and went back under his covers with a huff.

"You know, I'm not a fan of dangerous weapons either." KID told him, Conan frowning sadly as he pet the dove.

"So, here."

Conan turned slowly to see KID handing him his signature card gun. He looked at it then at KID with a raised eyebrow.

"I though you didn't have a gun?" Conan smirked, taking the gun to observe it up close, it's mechanism looked both elegant yet complicated.

"Its considered more of a gadget than a gun, guns can kill people." KID frowned bitterly as Conan stopped observing and went back to laying down for the third time.

"No, guns don't kill," he started, closing his eyes as his hold on the blanket tightened.

"People do."
______________________________________

Conan (Shinichi)'s P.O.V.

"Coo~!"

I slowly opened my eye to see Tsuki in my sight, moving her head around in confusion and picking at her feathers.

"Morning Tsuki." I yawned, looking around to see it calm and quiet.

Wait.

I quickly looked around as I saw KID's futon had been put away. I ran out of the room and towards the hallway to maybe find KID in another room. Nothing. Restroom? Nothing.

I ran towards the kitchen, hearing a few laughs from the other side of the dinning room as I'm about to call for him. With slight anticipation, I quickly ran over and slammed the door open

"K-..." I stopped myself as Ran, the old man, and a smiling KID all look at me in slight shock.

"K-kai..." I save, watching as KID winked at me before looking back at Uncle and talking to him about his idol Yoko.

"Ah, morning Conan. Did you have a nightmare?" Ran asked slowly, putting down a plate of pancakes on the table and motioning for me to sit down and eat next to KID.

"N-no, I though K-Kai left." I say with a slight frown as I walk over and sit next to him. He smiling and I still frowning as I start to eat.

"Well, this brat is pretty bearable, it'll be fine with one more but you two better not misbehave or I'm Kicking you both out." Uncle sighted, glaring at us both as he pointed his fork at us.

"Ok!/Alright." We both respond as uncle nods in approval and continues eating.

"So, Conan, I heard that Kai knows some magic tricks, do you know any?" Ran asked as both uncle and KID looked over at me.

I gulped down a bite of pancakes and glance over at KID.

"No, I like to solve mysteries and Kai likes making them. Mom always said It made us a problematic duo." I say childishly as KID nodded along.

"Hm! Bute he's cool cuz he's also really good at acting!" KID added, grining at me as I continue eating.

"Wow, you guys are kinda completely different." Ran giggled, wiping the side of my mouth with her thump, I probably had some whiped cream.

Before I tell her it's fine, I feel a hand pull me away from Ran and look up to see KID smiling as he held onto me.

"Yeah! But I love Conan!" He smiled, Ran's shock passing as she smiled and called us cute.

I felt my cheeks redden as KID let me go and continued to eat.

"Kids, always so loud." Uncle grumbles, taking out his newspaper.

"Well, once you guys are done eating, don't forget to change for school." Ran smiled, standing up to go to her own school as she picked up her dishes and left them in the sink.

"See you two later." She waved, walking out as we finished eating.

"I'm done!" Kai said, picking up his plates and doing the same as Ran by putting his dishes in the sink.

"Let's go Conan." He smiled at me, I snapping out of my daze as I stood and took my dishes as well.

"Ah, wait up!" I say as we run to our room, a bit in a hurry since we'd also have to go pick up Haibara.

"Um, KID?" I call out, watching as he pulled out a red t-shirt and some blue shorts as I walked to the closet and grabbed my usual.

"Yeah?" He asked, changing as I turned and changed myself. I stay silent as I try to think of my next words closely, but sight as I change.

"Nothing, it's nothing."