Prologue

"H-hey, dad....It's me, Kaito." My raspy voice called out as I layed there, still as can be, too in pain to move.

"I've been thinking, how did you get into all this Kaitou business...It's tiring. I know you can't answer me since, y'know, you've passed away." I chuckled as my chest began to move excessively fast, up and down, rise...and fall.

"A-and, life 's been hard. Mom's never home, I feel like it's because she feels the house had bittersweet memories, it doesn't help when her son kinda looks like her deceased husband." I mumbled as I looked at my clothes, all dirty and bloody from all the bullet shots.

"I took up your alis, I'm now a wanted criminal, so me being shot was kinda expected...." I try to laugh again only for my lungs to feel like they were being shredded apart.

"I've met so many different people. A fanatic of Holmes, he gets on my nerves alot. A witch, heh, she has all her screws loose....Aoko... is still Aoko but she got louder and stronger...." I cough as the pill from earlier that I was forced to swallow started kicking in.

"I-I guess I'm about to die...I didn't even get to confess my love. Hah! You'd laugh at me if I told you who'd I'd fallen for. A detective, Meitantei-kun now known as Tantei-kun....You'd had loved him." I smile as an unbearable pain starts spreading from my chest to my entire being. I'm about to die.

"You know what's really sad...? I'm not even dying as me..."

"KID!!!"

I turn my head to see him. The one person I didn't want seeing me like this. KID is suppose to bring joy and amazement to everyone's face, not his shocked and scared one.

"Ah, tantei-kun...."

I guess this is it.

"Sayonara."