[5] Everything's normal

"So...you're Conan's twin?" Ran asks us, all three sitting in Ran's dad's office. 'Kai' looking calm throughout the whole interrogation so far.

"Yep!" He chirps, petting his dove like it's more interesting than this conversation. It annoyed me.

"And how come Conan has never mentioned you before?" Ran asks me rather than him with a slight frown.

"I um, uh." I stutter as I try to think, I stop to look over at Haibara who was holding in her laugh next to Ran.

"We were going to live with a relative together but since the house had many kids already, they decided to bring Conan here to live with 'Shinichi-niichan' since they both like mystery and stuff." He says with a smirk as he glances at me, I glare.

How much does he know about me???

"Something happened with our relatives and they thought It'd be best for me to live here with Shinich, to be back with my twin Conan again. Some case came up, so Shinichi had to leave and now we're here in this situation." He sums up with a beaming smile, Ran looks at him with a worried frown.

" Will everything be ok over there?" She asks us, surprising both of us. We look at each other as Kai looks at me sadly then turns to Ran. His acting on point.

"I hope so, if it's too much of a bother, we can live some-"

"Oh! That's not what I meant!" Ran says as she walks infront of us and kneels down to our level, hugging us both.

"I wanna help you two, Conan is like a little brother to me and one more wouldn't be so bad." She says as I feel a few tears swell up, I didn't realize that well what kind of situation we're really in.

We can be stuck like this forever, I'll never have my life back like normal, I don't even know what normal is anymore. Evil organizations, drugs, cases, thiefs, it sometimes feels too much so I ignore it but Ran is the only thing that's normal to me now.

And now I'm frightened because my feelings for her that I thought will remain the same, that would remain normal have slowly turned into something non romantic. I'm slowly turning into a pile of emotions that don't even comprehend itself.

I slowly let go of her as she lets go of us and look down.

'I'm too strong to break now.' I repeat in my head as I try not to cry.

I force myself to smile as I feel Kai look at me funny.

"I'll ask father and I'm Sure he'll understand, I'll convince him." She says sadly as she looks me over, her small smile soon faltering.

"Conan, Kai, are you two Ok?" I look over at KID to see him look at Ran sadly, almost like he's looking at someone he knows, nostalgic. I turn back to Ran as I see Haibara give me a reassuring nod. I can't have Ran worry over us.

I smile with assurance as she slowly smiles back.

"We're ok Ran-neechan, everything's normal."