She remembered how hard it got for her, seeing him go through that phase, because all of his hatred for her melted away and was instead replaced by guilt, and sadness, and the unknowing fact neither he or she knew if it would be enough to keep her alive.

So seeing Sage as she was, did something to Dakota, that she never thought she'd see again.

Reaching over and taking the hand of her best friend, she gave Sage a soft squeeze wanting and needing her to know that she was there. Looking over towards a silent Holland, Dakota could see all of the concern over his face for his 'number one girl', and she knew in that instance that he was feeling the exact way that she was. They were both worried about Sage, and Sawyer, and they were both stuck in a horrible place of not knowing what to do. Instead of doing what the others were doing and arguing over who was going to break the bad news to Sage, both Dakota and Holland opted for just silently being by her bedside.

A couple of minutes passed by as Dakota and Holland sat at Sage's bedside, while the others talked amongst themselves, thinking of a way to break the news. And while they were in the midst of the conversation, and Dakota had her hand down low, no one other than Holland caught the faint stirrings of Sage, as her fingers twitched softly in his hand.

With an alert look crossing his features, he found himself coming to a stand as he observed her eyes fluttering.

"Everyone quiet now!" he demanding in a deep tone that had all of their voices cutting off as they turned in his direction taking in the fact that Sage was coming to.

With a breath of relief leaving her lips, as her eyes took her in, Dakota only gripped Sage's hand tighter as she stood over her.

"Sage?" Holland asked hesitantly as he placed a gentle hand on her cheek and pushing her fallen strands of hair behind her ear.

"Hmm," Sage responded in a groggy voice as she reached up and felt the tracings of a tube in her noise. As she felt the tube, her instant response was to sit up straight as she reached up to try to claw the thing from her nose, as the bright lights from the room nearly blinded her, as a sense of panic began to set in.

"No, no, no, Sage don't." Dakota responded as she reached out to stop Sage in her actions, wanting her to stay a calm as possible.

"Where am I?" Sage asked in a frighten voice, as confusion started to consume her. "What's going on?"

"Sage, I need you to listen to me." Dakota said as Bruno stepped up to help them out, as he kept a close eye on the monitors. "I need you to relax."

"Relax? But I don't understand." She said in an honest state of confusion, as her eyes looked around the room and took in all of their faces. "Why am I in a hospital?"

"Sage, we-" Bruno started but was cut off by Holland's deep tone as he kept a stray eye on a worried Sage.

"Can I have the room please?" He asked in a deep voice that showed a force of command, as his eyes stayed solely on Sage.

Looking around, Sage could see as everyone started to eye each other before graciously leaving the room.

All it took was for one worried glance in Dakota's eyes before she too left the room, for Sage to know that something was terrible wrong. And as her eyes scanned over Holland's face, she saw that her suspicions were confirmed.

"What's wrong Holland?" She asked, as a few tears threatening to spill from her eyes, got her all choked up. She didn't know why, but somehow, she just knew that something horrible had happened to someone she loved, and that was enough to have her heart beating uncontrollable in her chest.