Chapter 27

Kageyama calms down a little and explains. "I-I'm a hybrid..."

The silence is suffocating around Kageyama, however Hinata is not appalled-no, he's just confused.

"What's a hybrid?" The energetic sun asks delicately, but the confusion is clear in his voice. He looks down at his fiancé and the foggy haze fills his mind once again. The instinct to comfort and protect, but also help fight to the forefront of his mind. His brows furrow, his mouth downturn, he concern swells inside him.

"It's a... well it's when you're a mix of two creatures." The blueberries voice is trembling and hoarse, his palms sweating, his body trembling in fear. Then the dreaded question came, "What are you a hybrid of them? I thought you only had neko blood..." the confusion is painful for Kageyama to look at, is this dumbass really his soulmate?

"My dad is neko, still the king, my mum's an elemental..." then came the story that changed his life.

**********************************

"I believe I have some explaining to do, and this could take awhile so I suggest we take a seat." The blonde mother suggested, Kageyama had always wondered why his mother was blonde and why he had not really inherited any features of his mother's, he could never make sense of it and in the end just stopped thinking about it.

The group sat down in the living room in silence, waiting for her to open her damn trap and say what she need to. "Tobio, dear, I don't think me and your father have been honest with you," She sighed. 'You think?' Kageyama thought to himself in obvious sarcasm, "you see, we didn't know if you were going to inherit your powers, so we didn't see a need to tell you..." She trailed off her face leaking with guilt and Yui spoke up -furiousIf I may add. "What the fuck is happening? Kageyama calls up Luna, practically having a mental breakdown, and tells us that he controlled the air and his tears and now you're spouting nonsense! What on earth is going on!" The dark haired girl seemed to grow more agitated as time went on and any techniques to calm her down seemed to be non-efficient, "I ask you to please calm down Ms. Kazen, let me explain." His so called mother took a deep breath before explaining the situation.

"Once upon a time, there was a prince who was infatuated with elemental magic, and one day he befriended an elemental witch. One evening the witch confessed her feelings for the prince and he, being head over heals, asked her to be his girlfriend. She accepted and from then on they dated in secret.

"About a year later, the princes mother and father, the queen and king, arranged for the prince to meet with the chief of the lunar eclipse tribes daughter, who became his fiancé within the next month. The poor prince was in shambles, he couldn't love his betrothed, however he couldn't betroth his beloved.

"Eventually he went to her cabin in the woods, that was just on the outskirts of the kingdom, and told her of his situation and explained that he couldn't see her anymore, and in a last act of love, they traded their first times to each other." Taking in the shocked faces around the room made her think they got the gist, this wasn't any random story, this was the story of the current King, of Tobios father and how he himself came into the cruel, dark world.

"What they didn't know was that the consequence of their evening was the contraception of a child. One that was due to be born is December.

"After the elemental discovered her situation she immediately traveled to the kingdom to speak to the royals, it was still the princes baby, married man or not.

"She would soon come to regret this decision as, after the baby was born and she traveled back to her cabin -with said baby- she was murdered by the very man who claimed he loved her. After all, if she were to blab off to someone about her child and his bloodline it would be inconvenient, at best, if anyone found out."

At hearing this Kageyamas heart stopped, his head fuzzy from nausea and his heart throbbing painfully in sadness. No... No... His real mother couldn't be dead! That's absurd..! Right..?