11

Hello! So I've posted Case #2 for my game—Caught Red-Handed. If you admire detective/crime things then head on over to play. Analyze the evidence and pay close attention.

Also posted the first book of the Deceptive Series called Smooth Criminal. First 5 chapters are up!

A few people I want to thank: @miufrench , @Peppermint_Stick , and quinnupa1987

《 《 《 《

It was morning. Violet squirmed away from the sunlight peeking through her curtains and tossed in bed. Slowly her eyes opened with a blur and her room came into view.

The haziness of last night's events surfaced as her mind awakened more. She was still dressed in yesterday's wear and obviously reckoned that Giovanni must have redressed her and carried her limp body to her bed after she dozed off on the car ride home.

Violet felt sticky and dirty, residue of their spontaneous act was still dried between her legs. She recalled all the things that was said and that they did.

Suddenly she froze mid-stretch...."Shït."

She had a long time before class started so she quickly dressed, fed Remy, and bolted out her loft. Luckily there was a store in walking miles so she took off in that direction.

After a few minutes of walking and cat calling from the streets she stepped into the store and scanned the signs on top of each aisle. Once she located the aisle she needed she was able to finally breathe properly.

There were many options, of course, but she went with the one that always appeared on T.V. You know the commercials that replay far too much and makes you roll your eyes each time because you'd probably never need the product. If irony could speak now, it would definitely be mocking Violet and tell her to kiss its....

"This all?"

"Yes-" Violet began to answer until a chocolate bar caught her eye on the corner. She slide it next to the water bottle. "Now that's all."

The older woman laughed while ringing up the box. At first it seemed like she was laughing at the fact that Violet was buying it but then she looked up at the confused girl.

"I'm sorry dear. I just see too many young women like you come in here and purchase this thing. It just reminds me of my younger years. Times haven't changed."

Politely, because she didn't know how to respond to that, Violet smiled and forced out something of a laugh.

"Thank you," she muttered and gripped her purchases before exiting.

As she walked out, she made a mental note to also get a prescription for birth control so she didn't have to make this shameful trip again. While walking home she kept her attention on the chocolate and box, reading its directions and rereading it for good measures.

Take one white pill 72 hours after unprotected intercourse and 1 more white pill 12 hours after the first. Both pills are identical; it doesn't matter which one is taken first.

That seemed simple. She just had to remind herself about the second pill. Better yet, Violet made the smart move to set an alarm at 11:00pm which is exactly 12 hours from now. She took the pill and gulped down some water after it.

Her phone buzzed with a text from Nathan, offering to take her out to lunch with Kat. And since she couldn't decline she hurried back home to put the remaining pill up and freshen up before they came.

《 《 《 《

They were quiet. Too quiet.

Violet sipped her coffee and raised an eyebrow at the two across from her. They looked like they were walking on eggshells and trying not to cut too deep into their skin.

The waiter was a special type of eye candy and neither of them even commented on his looks or his a$$, especially Nate. And this is how she knew something was wrong....

"Spit it out."

Kat's eyes cut to the corner just as Nate's eyes did the same; they gave each other a look before giving their attention back to Violet.

"You know you can always talk to us, right?"

"Yeah."

And she did. She knew that but that didn't stop her from hiding certain things from them. Maybe she was no different than Gio after all.

"So is there anything you want to say?" Kat leaned forward on the table and pushed her coffee to the side. "I mean, yesterday you seemed a bit off at my place."

"Oh, did I?"

Nate narrowed his eyes and Violet sighed.

"Okay, okay. So I've been...talking to somebody. He's a very sweet guy but I don't know what to do."

"First, who? Second, are you dating him or are you just seeing him?"

Violet eyed them both and it was as if they had telepathy because Nate almost spit out his water and Kat eyes grew wider.

"It's the fücking Italian hunk isn't it?"

Nodding Violet glanced around the nearly empty café.

"On a scale of one to ten how good is it?"

"Nate! Stop, this is serious. Violet is actually talking to someone. No more one night stands," Kat paused to grip her male friend's hand. "Our baby is growing up."

"Okay, but my question was serious too," Nate huffed.

Violet laughed and shook her head. No matter the worry they always found a way to brighten a dark situation. She smugly replied to Nate saying, "That scale isn't big enough."

"Mhm right. So does he have a brother," Nate's eyes were hopeful as he questioned Violet. And when she shook her head his eyes rolled and his mouth puffed out, mocking a pouting child. "I don't understand. If you know you have good a$$ genes then why stop at one kid."

Violet corrected him before he continued his unnecessary rant. "He does have a sister though."

"What good does that do me?"

"Anyways, what's the problem babe?"

Violet took a deep breathe and began telling them about her worries. She kept out the things Gio told her last night and she obviously kept out the one thing that was the root of the problem to all her "relationships", which is the fact that she thought she was asexual...maybe she still was and only Gio was the key to that other side of her.

Either way, they were supportive and told her that of course this was scary for her because it was her first time dealing with emotions like this and a guy like Gio. Kat and Nate have only known Violet for having one night stands but if only they knew the whole story. Things would make more sense as to why their friend was stressing over this a lot more than what she should have been.

Nonetheless, it was still another weight lifted off her shoulders to tel someone about her feelings.

"IN THE STUDIO! YOU DIRTY GIRL!"

"Nate, shh." Violet's cheeks reddened as the few people inside turned to stare in their direction. Her head fell onto the table in embarrassment.

"After all that tell me you got the pill."

"Yes," Violet whispered, still hiding her face.

Might should have waited before telling them anything of that nature.