8: Love or hate?

If you're not overreacting
It doesn't mean
you're not hurt
Every tear has its own value
So save it for the
right person

______________________________________

The night became even darker as the storm hits the city. Rain turned heavier, with a possibility of flood, like the nature too worried for the petite new bride's fate. The room was engulfed by the darkness, a lone street light illuminated through the curtains as a ray of hope for her haunted life. Every single breath she inhaled mixed with fragrance of discarded flowers and the heady smell of alcohol.

She slumped against the wall holding her head,tears flowing down like a cascade of river. She tightly bit her lips in attempt to hide her sobs.

Her eyes fell on him sleeping soundly in an uncomfortable position. She gathered up the papers keeping it on his study table. Going towards him, she slowly lifted his head and placed it on the pillow properly. His long fingers enclosed around her wrist pulling her close to him, his head touched hers and their breath mingled in the thin air between them.

"Thank you Naina....but I hate you" he whispered in her ears before turning otherside.

She stood up looking at him, shattered into pieces like a lost girl in a deserted island nothing knew where to move from there or jump into the valley where is no more return. It seems exhaust, her whole body paralyzed with a thought of his fake love, "ohhhhh he not even love me he hate me right??" Her brain bombered with reality.

Gathering up her broken self she decided to accept her fate and live with the reality. May be its a one year stand for him but for her it's 365 long days enough for live rest of her life only with his memories.

Naina stood Infront of the mirror removing off her jewelleries. The silhouette reflected on the mirror was a girl cladded in deep red lehenga the colour matching with her blush rooted cheeks, her eyes filled of new dream with her man laughed at her back. Red vermilion on her forehead and a nupital chain around her neck smiled with their lame joke of one year marital.

Sweat formed on her forehead, she sat on the floor curling in to her own shell. Her muscles trembled, she attempted hard to hide her sorrow, failed the walls she built up collapsed on the ground. The sound of cry left from her mouth. She burst into tears,and cried,  cried harder the raw of emotions flowing down.

A sudden whimpering sound awoke Sameer. He sat up startled hearing the   soft cries coming along with a eerie sound of cold air, he shivered. "What happened? Where is she?".

He squinted his eyes looking around the room. There was she Balled into her own self, sobbing in the corner. Unknowingly his heart weep with her too.

"Use kya hua?". His legs moved involuntarily. And he sat beside her. "Naina..." his voice is so soft, laced with worry.

She looked up at him and his heart fell on to the pit of his stomach. Her little button nose was turned red, and those brown orbs glazed with tears, As she blinked, tears dripped sliding down her cheeks. She quickly wiped it away and sat straightly avoiding his gaze.

His eyes mirrored with layers of water. The shivering girl Infront him was looked like a soft petal that will vanish anytime if he touch.