Welcome to the Isle of the Lost

THE PIRATE AND THE FAIRY LAID ON THE BED and looked up at the ceiling together. After about an hour of talking and retelling old stories, Harry finally sat up and looked down at his oldest friend.

"Just wait until Uma hears you're back. She's never gonna give you back yours and Mal's old territory." Harry stated. Florence sat up as well and leaned on the headboard.

"Oh, well, that's okay. Because I won't be staying that long." Florence said. Harry brought up his hook and pointed it at her.

"I could hurt you." Harry joked, trailing his hook on Florence's cheek. Florence pushed the hook away.

"Not without her permission, I bet." Florence mocked, knowing full well that Harry answers to Uma.

"Why'd you come back? I'd thought your new life would have made you forget this place." Harry asked, motioning to the Isle. Florence rolled her eyes.

"I would never forget my background. It'll be a part of me forever."

"You can take the V.K. out of the Isle, but you can't take the Isle out of the V.K., right?" Harry recited. Florence nodded.

"Right." Florence agreed.

"You still haven't answered my question, dearie. Why you back?"

"I came to find something that belongs to my mother. It's important that I find it now."

"What is it?"

"I can't tell you now, but maybe soon."

"Oh come on. Not even a hint?" Harry asked, his bottom lip sticking out.

"No." Florence answered, before bolting out of the room with Harry chasing after her.

"Get back here, Goldilocks." Harry shouted.

*~*~*~*~*

The Core Four and Ben ran down the steps of Ben's castle to where the limo was parked. They had changed back into some their old clothes and Ben got himself a makeover.

"Jay, keys. Remote." Ben called, tossing them to Jay. Jay caught them with ease.

"Wait, something's wrong." Everyone stopped and looked at Evie. Evie looked Ben's hat forward to cover more of his head. "There."

"Shotgun!" Someone yells. Everyone turned to look at Dude. Dude talked! Everyone, except for Mal, was shocked.

"No, Dude. Stay. The Isle is way too dangerous." Carlos warned, talking like it was normal for the dog to talk. Everyone looked at him now.

"Did he just..." Jay pointed to Dude.

"Talk? Yeah. I know. Tell you later." Carlos waved off. Dude stayed at the steps as the rest of them reached the limo.

"Okay, once we cross the bridge, park under the pier in the old garage. Got it?" Evie instructed Jay. They got in the limo.

"Got it." Jay started the limo and drove out of Auradon. He turned on the bridge to across the sea and the barrier opened for the limo to enter and closed again. The limo came to a stop and they all got out. Mal, Evie, Carlos, and Jay didn't welcome the sight of their old home. Ben was shocked at the conditions of the Isle. It was dark and dirty, it smelled very wrong too. This where his friends grew up, where the girl he loves grew up. How can he be so blind from the conditions of this place?

"Ben, help me with the tarp." Carlos called out. Ben ran over to a tarp and pulled on it. They covered the limo up.

"It's really weird being back here." Evie tell Mal.

"We'll get in and get out." Jay guaranteed the girls. Ben walked away to look inside a cave. He heard the howling of wind and stepped closer.

"Hey, guys? What's in here?" Ben asked. The Core Four ran over to stop Ben.

"Ben!"

"You don't want to know." Jay said, pulled Ben away from it.

"Hey, guys. Keep it chill, all right? The last thing we need is our parents figuring out we're here." Carlos said. They walked into the market. Two kids passed by and tried to take Evie purse, but she caught them.

"Hey! Hey! Stop." Evie fought, she got a hold of the two kids and saw their faces. It break her heart to see them. Evie looked at the purse them at them. "Just take it. Go on."The two kids smiled at each other and ran off. Mal walked over to Evie and pulled her away, knowing how she felt. They noticed Ben no long close to them.

"Ugh. Ben."

Ben walked further on without the others. He saw a guy leaning against a wooden post and Ben waved at him and held his hand out, but the guy lunged at him almost immediately. The other showed up and Jay pushed the guy away.

"Stop. Just stop." Evie told Ben.

"Why?" Ben asked.

"This isn't a parade. It's the Isle." Mal said sternly.

"Keep your hands in your pockets unless you're stealing." Jay said.

"You either slouch or strut." Carlos added.

"And never, ever smile." Mal finished.

"Okay, thanks--" Ben was cut off.

"No! No "thank you's," and drop the "please," too. Just...chill." Evie told him.

The Core Four smirked at him.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Sorry for errors.