Misunderstanding

AFTER ACCIDENTALLY RUNNING INTO Gaston's son, the Core Four and Ben finally made it to Florence's place. The Core Four stayed at the corner as Ben went inside. He saw the place was a bit torn apart. Papers scattered on the table and floor, a few books knocked down and glasses of wine that now gone bad. It's as if no one had been living there for months. Ben found the stairs as well as hearing footstep upstairs. He smiled, knowing it was Florence. This was his chance.

With every step, he was either happy or nervous. He reached a blue door that was cracked open. Ben reached over pushed the door open when he heard laughter in the room. It was certainly not Florence's laugh.

"Come on, dearie. Admit it, admit ye love my hook." Ben heard from the room. He cracked the door a bit more open to see Florence pinned down on the bed with a guy on top of her. The guy had his hands on her waist and tickled her.

"Harry, come on. Let me." Florence giggled. Ben only felt jealousy, rage, and heartbreak. His girl, his girl, was in the arms on another.

Florence pushed Harry off of her and threw a pillow at him.

"Enough playing around. You should go before I decided to push you out of the window." Florence threatened. Harry spread his arms out and made his way to the balcony.

"Well then I'll go out the window either way." Harry said, before jumping tithe other side of the bars, but still hung on. Florence walked over and leaned on the bars next to him.

"The door is there for a reason, Hook." Florence pointed out.

"What's the fun in that?" Harry said. He gave Florence a wink before climbing down the rusty ladder beside him. He disappeared into the alley. Florence rolled her eyes and went back inside. She didn't expect to see Ben there and jumps back in surprise.

Ben stood their, fist clenched from not jumping Harry and beating him up. It was so not Ben's style.

"Ben? What are you doing here?" Florence asked in worry. She walked forward and put her hands on his arms. Ben looked away and closed his eyes.

"Is that why you left?" Ben asked, feeling hurt. Florence looked at him in confusion.

"I don't understand, what are you talking about?" Florence asked.

"Is that why you asked to come back here? To see him?" Ben asked loudly.

"Ben, It's not--"

" "What it looks like."? Is that what you're going to say?!" Ben yelled. He backed away from Florence, feeling angrier and betrayed.

"Why are you like this? Harry and I are just friends." Florence explained, but Ben covered his ears.

"Don't lie-- DON'T LIE TO ME PLEASE!" Ben cried, he felt tears fall from his eyes. Florence teared up as well. Ben looked at her one last time before exiting the room. Florence followed behind, trying to stop him.

"Ben, please. You have to trust me." Florence said, running down the stairs to follow Ben. Ben turned around making Florence stop.

"Where is your mom?" He asked.

"She went out." Florence lied. Ben shut his eyes and took a deep breath. He opened his eyes again.

"I love you, Florence." Ben declared, stunning Florence. "Can you say the same for me?"

"Ben... you know I don't know how love feels like." The words just slip out. Does she love Ben? What is love? Her mother showed her how to be feared, not loved. Her father was no where to be found.

Her words cut him like a knife. Ben stepped back slowly and walked through to exit out of the house. Florence didn't follow this time, but sat down on the steps with her head in her hands.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Sorry for errors.