On Schedule

Just a recap on characters; there are two friend of Salthezar that were in the first book.

Marcus Thatch, son of Milo Thatch and Kida from Atlantis: The Lost Empire. Played by Michael Trevino.

Ayden, son of Anita and Roger from 101 Dalmatian. Played by Tom Holland.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

IN THEIR SHARED ROOM, EVIE tightened Florence's cotillion dress. The moment Florence hunched a bit, Evie straightened her back in force.

"Oh! Okay, Evie, I cannot breathe." Florence complained.

"Well, you can breathe after Cotillion." Evie said to her. Mal, who sat on her bed and did homework, laughed at Evie's words.

"No point in asking her to be gently. I think she broke my back while she was fixing my dress."

"That's because I though of some last minute chances I thought Ayden might like." Evie teased Mal. Mal blushed at the sound of Ayden's name.

"What's that suppose to mean?"

"She mean that Ayden is totally crushing on you and is too chicken to ask you out." Florence explained. Mal gave her an eye roll.

"He isn't crushing on me. He's just scared of me and he should be." Mal said, trying to act tough. Evie and Florence gave each other a look that said, Yeah right.

"It's true! You know what, just leave me alone." Mal said, putting in her earbuds and blocking them out. Evie returned to working on the dress.

"Impeccable." Evie admired. Florence's eyes trailed to her nightstand where her mother's dream-catcher laid.

"Evie?" Florence called.

"Hmm?"

"Do you ever think about what we'd be doing if we were back on the Isle right now?" Florence asked.

"That's funny." Evie said sarcastically. The news music from the TV caught Evie attention. "Ah! Look who's on TV."

The first look was a clip of Florence and Ben in Agrabah with Sultana Jasmine and her husband Aladdin. Florence on the bed by Mal's feet and watched the TV.

"As the royal couple continues their tour of the kingdom, they dined with Aladdin and Jasmine." Florence saw herself, wearing traditional Agrabah clothing, along with spitting out food she chewed, into a piece of cloth. A servant had handed her a napkin, which surprised her. "Six months ago, no one thought King Ben and his girlfriend from the wrong side of the bridge would last."

"Yeah. No kidding." Florence chuckled.

"Florence must be counting the days until the Royal Cotillion... when she will officially become a Lady of the Court." Florence looked down at the ring Ben gave her and gasped. She rushed over to grab two books. One of these books contained some spells that were in Mal's book, and by some spells, I mean all. Down to the last potion. She recited a spell and moved on to the next book, able to read it at lighting speed.

"I know Florence's secret to fitting in, and Ben wouldn't like it one bit."  Evie said. Mal popped an earbud out and joined the conversation.

"Haven't you guys had enough secrets between the two of you already?" Mal asked, making Florence feel guilty.

"Personally, as your best friends, I strongly believe that this copy spell book--" Evie said, distracting Florence enough for Mal to snatch to book out of her hands.