『Aurora』

Y/N's Side 

"Eat." Yeosang commanded, dropping back down beside me on my little couch, pressing a steaming bowl filled with soup that he'd made out of the various cans in the very back of my pantry into my reluctant hands. 

"I'm not hungry. It's not like I've been starving myself." I told him with a frown, picking up the spoon and swirling the hot liquid around inside the bowl. 

Truthfully it didn't look very appetising and Yeosang rarely cooked more than toast or packet noodles, so I wasn't entirely confident in his cooking abilities.

"You've been eating junk for two weeks, that's not much better than starving yourself." He responded shortly, pointing stubbornly at the bowl. I grimaced down at it, hesitantly lifting the spoon and sipping some of the cloudy liquid. 

Surprisingly not as bad as I'd expected. 

I shifted so that I was leaning heavily against Yeosang's shoulder and continued to eat the soup one slow spoonful at a time, revelling in the easy comfort of everything. 

This was the first time I'd seen Yeosang in weeks, maybe months, and I'd completely hidden a huge event in my life from him and yet nothing felt different. It was possibly the best time I'd had since... well since I'd last seen him. 

He barely looked different, his hair was longer than I remembered but not enough that he couldn't have been getting it trimmed every so often. He was still dressed in his clothes from the interview today, a pink and blue sweatshirt, the front of which was tucked into his black jeans. 

It was simple, as most of his outfits tended to be, and yet it perfectly fit the light blonde streaks in his brown hair and made his skin seem to glow.

Or maybe it was just that I'd missed him so much that everything about him seemed to glow now. 

Or it could be something else entirely- 

No. 

I pushed those thoughts away, becoming hyper aware of the fact that his hand rested casually against my knee and his thigh was pressed flush to mine like it meant nothing. 

Because it did mean nothing, at least to him. 

And it should mean nothing to me. 

I've been down this path before, falling in love with Kang Yeosang has never done anything but hurt me. 

"Everything okay? Is it that bad?" Yeosang asked after a moment of watching my pained expression, his eyebrows drawn together in concern. I tried again to push the crazy thoughts in my head away, reminding myself over and over of the many times I'd attempted to catch his attention or be more than just his best friend. 

He'd always been too idiotic to see my feelings for him or too blinded by whatever else happened inside his private mind. 

"It's fine, I was just thinking." I assured him, throwing down a larger spoonful than I'd been taking for good measure, hoping to prove that his soup was just fine. 

He looked unconvinced but didn't argue, instead reaching for the remote to the tv that I'd earlier placed with extreme care during my third round of cleaning the apartment. 

He didn't bother asking what I was thinking about, or trying to offer his support, something that I was both grateful for and frustrated by. There was an undeniable tension still lingering between us, the issue of me not coming to him hanging silently in front of our eyes and tainting, limiting, our options of small talk. 

He couldn't very well ask me what I'd been up to lately without possibly triggering a melt down or at the very least leading into a conversation about the fact I hadn't left the apartment since I'd broken up with Leedo. 

And I couldn't ask him how everyone else was doing without knowing that I could have known the answer to that myself had I of had the courage to go to any one of them about my problems. 

The thought of having those conversations with him right now, terrified me. And yet I craved it, for it to be done and out of our way so that we could find a way back to our safe place. 

As the sound of the tv filled the small room, I found my eyes slipping closed, lids heavy with sleep that I'd been unable to get through my constant worry and stress. 

Carefully I placed the now empty bowl of soup on the table in front of us and then leant back into the soft sofa cushions, head dropping against Yeosang's shoulder.

At last I felt like I could relax. 

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ─── 

Yeosang's Side 

At first he just thought she was being her usual clingy self, because throughout their years of friendship they'd often leant against one another, even held hands at times for comfort. 

Of course, for him it had often been more than that, because his feelings were more than that of just a best friend. But out of his fear to tell her the truth or take advantage of her, he'd always tried his best to limit their touching, if only for his own sake. 

But it had been so long since he'd felt he could be this close to her that he wasn't about to push her off or move so that she would think he needed space. So he didn't, he remained completely still, barely daring to breathe as his eyes stared unfocused at the tv. 

It wasn't until at least an hour had passed that he finally began to relax and chanced a glance over at her.

Which was when he realised with a start that she'd fallen asleep; her head rested against his shoulder and her hand had somehow managed to end up planted against his arm, fingertips just brushing against his side. 

He knew he should wake her, take her to her bed and make sure she was more comfortable, so she wouldn't wake up with an aching neck or back - but he couldn't bring himself to break the spell. 

In fact he could barely bring himself to look away, staring in awe at the way her lips were parted just enough to allow her soft breathing to escape in and out. His hands itched to reach out and gently brush away the loose strands of hair that had escaped from behind her ear, covering part of her face.

If he leaned close enough he could see all the details of her pale skin, right up to the freckle below her eye that was so faint he'd never noticed before now that it was even there. He could see each individual, long, lash fanning against her cheek now that her eyes were closed. 

He was wondering if it were really possible for him to fall any more in love with her when she let out a soft sound and pressed closer to him, her hand moving from his arm to his chest as if searching for something solid to hold. 

His heart hammered his chest and lodged into his throat as he lifted his hand, intending to carefully move her fingers off of him and instead finding his fingers intertwining with hers. 

You should really wake her up, don't let this happen. His mind roared at him, reminding him just how far gone he already was for her. 

And he knew it, he knew he shouldn't let himself fall even deeper into his feelings for her, because she'd made it clear that she saw him as nothing more than her best friend. 

But he was never going to get a chance like this again, to be so completely enraptured by her, to hold her hand and stare at her like she was the only possible lifeline he could need, without her knowing. 

And before he knew it, he was falling asleep too, head dropping slowly, inch by inch, towards hers until his chin rested lightly on top of her hair and his free hand slackened, coming to rest on top of their already clasped hands. 

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ─── 

A/N - 

UMMM AYY WAYEOOO - sooooooooo.

The next chapter is going to be our last :< so prepare yourself for a LOOOOOT more to happen, it'll be very quick. I wrote this chapter as a way to finally show you how he really feels about her, because we already have seen how she feels about him. 

So I hope you've enjoyed everything so far!

Please remember to vote for the story if you did!