Chapter Five-A Dent and another Dent

Actor Billy Dee Williams as Harvey Dent aka Two face, the lawyer turned evil in 'Batman', 1989; Vickie Vale, (Kim Basinger), confronts lover Bruce Wayne, (Michael Keaton), in the movie, right in the media section, in the Batcave...while he knows who killed his parents-The Joker, (Jack Nicholson), while Alfred, (British actor Michael Gough), leaves.

Warning: It is rated PG-13 for sex references. You must be 13 years and over to hear and see it.

***

Harvey Dent was at the bar.

Vickie Vale smiled at him.

"What's wrong?", she asked.

"Nothing. I was secretive. I wanted it to be a suprise". He was sighing.

"About us?".

"Yes. You want exclusives; you want everything! Hell, Gotham City is bloody dead. It is a festering sore on crime. Is there laws? I hate to think what is wrong now. Now, I can sit here eating a roast beef sandwich with warm mustard...and you're dressed to impress who? Bruce Wayne. That crack pot; that...".

"Do you know why he is in that Manor?".

"Yes. Because his parents died years' ago. Because he wants to be alone. Because he can't show his face; because...".

"Because he is human".

"Yes, we are human. We feel; we relax; we date; we eat out; we make out; we do what we do because we just do it. It's in our nature; it's in our...Look, I can over see all aspects of the Bruce Wayne case. But I have a case to settle in Gotham City Court. And you're going to go all around that Manor like a 13 year old lovesick schoolgirl wanting his autograph". He finished his meal. He shook his head, "...See you later, Vickie".

"'Bye!".

"'Bye!".

~~~

Harvey opened the door.

He smoked a cigar.

The burning cigar wafted down into his blackened lungs. Like the way he enjoyed it. The scarf was around his neck; the shirt was clean; the black, pressed, trousers lifted upward; the brown belt secured his slim body, so he was straight.

His black shoes...and black, polished shoes gleamed.

His silver watch showed it was now 2:00 PM, in the afternoon. He hated long lunches. But, as he walked down the gloomy streets, someone punched him in the face.

He backed away in shock.

Blood spilled down his mangled face...

...Until all that was left, was dead flesh.

~~~

Harvey didn't have time to talk.

He ran to the Gotham City Memorial Hospital. And, in the EMERGENCY ROOM, he saw several Nurses scream...as his body crashed onto the creamy colored RECEPTION AREA desk in a shattering, violent. spasm.

~~~

Doctor Garr studied the stricken lawyer.

"Harvey!".

He checked his vital signs.

His white doctor's uniform was clean.

He wasn't moving.

"Harvey!".

And then Harvey's right hand touched his face.

"My...face!".

"I'm sorry...it's mangled".

"But...".

"It's useless. But we did plastic surgery. Facial reconstruction is costly. But, as I said, we did all we can in Gotham City".

"But my career...".

"That's over, too".

And the doctor showed him with a mirror.

And Harvey Dent screamed.

~~~

He paid the $US50,000 bill by using his Mastercard. It was something that was beyond comprehension.

And he knew that he wasn't Harvey Dent, Gothic City's hot shot lawyer anymore...

...He was someone else.

~~~

He walked along the dim streets.

Several kids yelled:

"Two-Face".

And Harvey knew who he was know.

And what kind of criminal he was...

...One of the most evil people to live in a city where crime flourished in the darkness of the abyss of mens' souls.

***

Page 6.