Ch. 23

Gerard's POV

         That bitch! What did she do to him? Blood pooled out of his shin
"She shot him!" I exclaimed. She became limp in my arms and I relized that I had her in a headlock. I was choking her out. I let go of her and shuttered. I ran to Frank as blue and red lights flashed outside of the building. But I didn't care. All that mattered was Frank. "Frank!" I choked out. His pant leg was steadily growing burgandy from the side of his shin down. Frank seemed to be passed out. He was so brave. People started to stream into Franks apartment with guns and a stretcher. "Oh god. Not more guns."
"Excuse me sir? What happened? Why is there a drunk girl passed out on the floor? And his bullet hole!?" A police officer looked at me, then his notebook then at me. He had an awsome afro and a big nose. "I came over to hang out with my friend and she broke up with me over the phone." I gestured to the place where my girlfriend crumpled. "Oh. So was she your girlfriend? By the way, you can call me Officer Toro." I nodded rather shakily.  "Yes. Okay. So we wached some movies, and then she showed up, asking if we could get back together. She was really drunk. She still is I think." I decided to leave out the part of Frank and I kissing. I don't know why. "Did you tell her where you were? Why do you think she wanted to break?" I shrugged. "I did not tell her. She said that she put a tracker on my backpack. And, looking back now, she probably just used me for a place to put her goldfish. She would get drunk and bring men she met home. Broke my heart every time. But I never hit her. Never even yelled at her. Are you ever going to put Frank on that strecher, or is it just for decoration." I could tell my eyes were darting aroung like a scared rabbit, because everything was starting to get blurry. Or I was about to start crying. Officer Toro laughed, a good hearty sound. "I like you. Your funny. But he has been shot, so, it's kinda hard to move him without him waking up. Him being passed out makes him not able to feel the pain, but, if he wakes up before we give him some drugs, his brain will process it all at the same time, at least I think. I'm a cop for a reason, a surgon." His weak grasps at humor were comforting, but I was still shaky. "This was all my fault." I said, realizing the truth. "Can I ride with him to the hospital? Please?" Officer Toro gave me an odd look. "Yeah. Um... for some reason I think you and -Frank, was it? You might be more than casual friends. That's pretty damn cool. I hope he's alright, for your sake. But it only looks like a graze, so he will be able to keep the leg. He may need a cane though."