Hopper sat Jamie down on the bed as Owens quickly ran out and returned with a few items in his hands. Owens laid the items on the desk infront of him and frantically put the items together.

"I'm scared", Jamie barely managed to say inbetween breaths.

"Jamie shhh, everything's gonna be ok."

"I don't want to die.", Jamie said as tears started to trickle down her face. She could barely sit up straight on her own, and her airways were tight with a thick mucas. All she could think about was her sister in her last few minutes of life.

"You're not gonna die kid. Not on my watch"

Dr. Owens turned around and motioned for Jamie to open her mouth and inserted a breathing tube.

"This is a makeshift nebulizer. Just breathe normally and you'll start to feel better. In the meantime, I'm gonna turn on some cartoons for you while I talk to your dad in the hallway", Dr. Owens said as he motioned with his head for Hopper to step out into the hall.

Jamie rolled her eyes. How old does he think I am? 12? As soon as the two stepped outside, Jamie turned the channel.

"Hey Doc...", Hopper said as he scratched his head.

"Hopper", Dr. Owens said casually.

"How do you know that she's my kid?"

"What?"

"You said... That you were gonna talk to her dad.... in the hallway... How do you know that that's my kid?" Hopper inched closer to Dr. Owens. Dr. Owens, realizing that he fucked up, took a deep breath and a few steps back.

"I just assumed... Hows El?", Dr. Owens stated, trying to convice the man in front of him.

"Owens don't you fuck with me."

Dr. Owens took a deep breath and stared at the ground. As he looked back up, he noticed a small amount of blood on the sleeve of Hopper's shirt. Owens decided to finally break the news to Hopper.

"I think it's best you sit down", Dr. Owens said as he took a seat in a chair a few steps down from Jamie's door. Hopper followed and sat beside Dr. Owens.

"You see", Dr. Owens started. "Remember a few years ago when your first little girl passed?"

Hopper nodded and Dr. Owens continued.

"Well, long story short. Some guys who were working for Brenner found Diane at the hospital one day and Jamie just so happened to be there."

Once Hopper realized where this conversation was going, he shook his head and stood up from his chair.

"No, no no no no. You've got to be kidding me." Hopper said as he laughed to himself in disbelief.

Owens continued. "They got Diane to consent to have some tests ran on Jamie."

"Tests?! What tests?!", Hopper interupted.

"I'm afraid the same tests that they ran on Eleven. The one's that tested to see if she had developed psychic abilities. Eleven did, and that's how she got taken away from Terry."

"S-so what about Jamie?! She was still with her mom", Hopper still wasn't following 100 percent.

"Well, they didn't see anything at the time, but I believe that they knew she would develop her abilities later on. Now tell me, where did that spot of blood come from on your sleeve?"

Hopper looked at his sleeve and then thought for a second back to Jamie's nose bleeding in the car.

"Jamie's nose bled, in the car on the way over here." Hopper didn't think that it was anything out of the ordinary at the time.

Dr. Owens slowly nodded and gave a slight smile before thinking to himself, "I think it's starting."

Hopper still needed clarification. Did Diane really sign his daughter up to be some test dummy for Brenner? If she had powers, did she even know and has she been using them? Hopper's main concern now was protecting his daughter, both of them, from whatever may be out there looking for them.

Dr. Owens stood up and walked to the door of Jamie's room. Hopper followed and peeked his head in the window.

"So how will we know if she has powers?" Hopper felt himself cringe at the thought.

Dr. Owens shrugged. "We can ask her to try and do something for us."

" NO!" Hopper yelled a little too loud, which caused Jamie to look towards the little glass window in the door. He quickly reflected back on the stories El told of Papa trying to make her manipulate soda cans. Hopper lowered his voice to a whisper. "Absolutely fucking not! You bastards fucked around with El enough, you're not gonna be fucking around with her!", Hopper aggressively pointed towards Jamie.

Dr. Owens nodded. "I completely understand chief."

Hopper stood up straight and stared Dr. Owens directly in his eyes. He didn't buy that bullshit ass apology and now he was ready to go. The very thought of Diane doing something like this, on top of the other shit she's already done has got him through the roof.

"Can we just finish up and go", Hopper said more as a command rather than a question.

Dr. Owens walked in the room and clapped his hands together. "Alright Jamie! You feel any better?"

Jamie nodded and noticed how her dad seemed irratated. "Yeah, I feel better. Are you going to give me a refill?"

Dr. Owens reached into his pocket and pulled out a slip of paper. "Sure thing. I'm going to write you a prescription and you can pick it up from your local pharmacy on your way back home."

Hopper reached out to grab the slip of paper, but Dr. Owens quickly retracted his hand. Dr. Owens reached into Hopper's chest pocket and took out his pack of cigarettes.

"And absolutely no smoking around her Hop. Especially 'round this time of year where her asthma can flare up more easily and often."

Dr. Owens kept the pack of cigarettes and gave Hopper the prescription instead.

"Take it easy Hop."

"Yeah, you too", Hopper said as he rolled his eyes and grabbed Jamie's wrist, leading them out the door and back to the main lobby.