Chapter Eight

Disclaimer::::

I do not own Harry Potter or Race to Witch Mountain characters. Only my OC Character.

I don't make any profit from any of my stories on this website.

"Characters Speaking"
Characters Thinking
/Author Comments\

~~~Previous~~~

Sara reaches her hand into her pocket and takes out the device. "All proof that our planet can be saved and your planet spared is in here." She holds the device up.

"Where are your parents again?" Jack asks.

"They were arrested for their opposition," Sara replies, upset.

"We agreed to complete the task for them," Seth admits.

"What about the assassin?" I ask.

"Wha- assassin? What assassin?" Alex asks in astonishment.

"The Siphon warrior series Deranium 75 was created by our military," Sara explains.

"They bred to hunt?" Alex queries.

"They bred to kill." Seth corrects immediately. "If we don't return home in time, the invasion will proceed."

"We seriously need to find your spaceship," I suggest, and they both nod.

~~~Present~~~

We walk out of the Mars exhibit and through the crowds of people in their alien costumes and plenty of tourists. Alex has said that she knows a guy who might be about to help.

"So, how well do you know this guy?" Jack asks sceptically.

"We have done a few panels and debates together on opposite sides," Alex admits.

Jack and Alex stop in front of a skinny guy with glasses, which causes Seth, Sara and I to do the same. "Well, hello, Dr Friedman. So, you've finally decided to accept my offer of a romantic Benihana dinner for two. Huzzah!"

"What?" Alex asks, confused.

He clears his throat awkwardly. "Uh...three years ago, a screening of the Cooper footage. You were in the fourth row, second seat, in a saucy flower print."

My eyes widen in disbelief. "Well, that's just awkward," I mutter softly.

"This is how males usually speak their minds to the opposite gender?" Seth asks.

I shake my head softly. "Not all guys, thankfully. Just these types of guys." I say, causing Seth to nod his head.

"Am I this 'type of guy'?" Seth asks.

I let out a soft giggle. "No, you're not. Don't worry."

Seth nods his head and lets out a sigh of relief.

"Sorry, I keep my work and social life separate. I don't date...colleagues." Alex says, smile strained.

"Colleagues," The guy says. "Indeed." He bows.

"Listen, we need to see Harlan right away," Alex tells him urgently.

"Dr Harlan is currently unavailable for consultations." Another man says as he stands up from a table a little further away from us. "We're more than qualified to answer any questions."

"There is no time for that; it is a matter of life and death that we see Harlan now." Alex interrupts.

"Life and Death, ohh!" The second man mocks and turns to look at the first guy. "Uber scary drama queen theatrics." The first gut lets out a laugh. "What's the 411 sitch?" He asks Alex.