Chapter One

Disclaimer::::

I do not own Harry Potter or Race to Witch Mountain characters. Only my OC Character.

I don't make any profit from any of my stories on this website.

"Characters Speaking"
Characters Thinking
/Author Comments\

~~~Chapter One~~~

~~~Iris's POV~~~

It has been two weeks since I have been living with Jack. I have already shown him all that I have gone through so that we understood each other and he knows who Teddy is, and of course, so he wasn't taken of me due to my age.

I get along with Jack quite well, but I still am a little paranoid, so I don't get a lot of sleep, though it is slowly getting better as I get more used to Jack's presence around mine and Teddy's. He dotes over Teddy, making sure Teddy has all that he needs.

Jack is always busy with his job, so I have been going with him. I don't mind being alone with Teddy, but I'm not quite reassured yet, so I think I'll stick near Jack for now.

I walk out of the bathroom with Teddy in my arms. "I'm ready," I tell Jack as he looks at me.

Jack grabbed his wallet off the nightstand before we left his house, pausing briefly for Jack to lock the door before heading down the street towards the taxi rank. When we got to Jack's taxi, an SUV was parked directly in front of it, blocking us in. Two men, one African American and a Caucasian, step out of the SUV wearing suits.

"Get in the cab with Teddy Iris," Jack orders. Just this once, I listened and headed towards the passenger side door, listening to what Jack said. "I told Wolfe I was finished," He states as I sit inside.

As soon as I sat down, I watched the confrontation between Jack and the men. I felt two pairs of eyes on me. I see a blonde boy and girl sitting in the backseat. Locking eyes with the blonde boy, I felt my magical core and soul call out to him, and a stir of emotion welled inside my heart.

I was snapped out of my thoughts and pulled my eyes away from his when a police siren startled me. I blush slightly, bite my bottom lip and turn my attention back to the front of the cab.

"Hey! What are you doing? Man, are you insane? Move this out of the taxi zone before I give you a ticket." The police officer calls through his window to the two men who own the SUV.

Once the two men have climbed back into their SUV and driven off, Jack climbs into the driver seat of the cab and pulls out into the busy traffic of Las Vegas. I watch Jack out the corner of my eyes, trying to keep the smile off my face, waiting for him to notice his two other passengers. When Jack finally did, he slammed on the brakes sharply. I giggled softly as the traffic started to back up behind us. I notice the boy look at me briefly but try to ignore it.

"Where did you come from?" Jack questions, looking at them sitting in the backseat.

"Outside," The boy answers, sounding stunned.

"I know that. How did you get in the car?" Jack asks.

"Through that portal," The girl says as the pair point at the car door.

"I'm Seth, and this is my sister, Sara," Seth says. "We require your transportation services immediately."

"Really," Jack says sarcastically. "Well, I require-."

"A currency transaction," Sara cuts him off. Seth puts his hand in his pocket and pulls out a huge wad of money, causing my eyes to widen slightly, but I stay silent and continue to watch.