Chapter 1

Davey and Jasper had been dead for a unknown amount of time now, so it wasn't unusual for them to hang out. In all honesty, they had nothing better to do, anyway. They'd spend their days talking about whatever comes to mind, or wandering around the wilderness. They also had started a rock collection together, because it was a easy way to pass time.

Although sometimes they got bored despite it. Today was one of those days where they couldnt think of anything to do.

"Hey.. Jasper.." Davey said, leaning against a tree, and staring at the ground. (In this fanfiction, they CAN touch humans and inanimate objects sometimes, but other times they'll fall right through the person/object. They cant really figure out how to work it, though.)
"Yeah, Davey?" Jasper said, now looking at Davey.
"How long have we been dead?" Davey said, not looking up.
"I dunno.." Jasper responded.

You couldnt really blame Jasper for not knowing how long they've been.. well, dead. They have no way to tell time. All they know is when its day and when its night. Which, when you're a ghost, You dont really have to sleep, but you can try to if you really wanted.

Everything went silent again, and all that could be heard was the sound of a few wild animals in the distant. Jasper looked up at the sky to see how far down the sun was in the sky. Which, it seemed as if it would be turning night sooner than they had thought. 

Jasper quietly hummed to himself as he sat down indian style on the grass, looking for a cool bug or something to keep him interested long enough for it to finally turn night. After a bit longer he found a lady bug, when he tricked into crawling onto his finger. Jasper looked at the bug on his finger while smiling, before beginning to speak to it. 

"Hmm... I'm going to name you... lily ." Jasper had whispered quietly to the ladybug. 
Of course, Jasper had name multiple creatures he's comed upon, (Which, Davey has done the same before, he just doesnt admit it.) So, Jasper was used to them eventually leaving, but it was nice to have another friend for a bit. Although, this didn't mean Jasper didn't apperciate having Davey as a friend, because Jasper considered Davey his closet (and only) friend. Its just that sometimes, Jasper liked to have more friends once in a while.

Lily, aka the lady bug, had eventually flew away, but Jasper didnt mind. Around this time, the sun was setting, which only Jasper noticed at first.

"Hey, Davey, look! The sun is setting!" Jasper said. Although he has seen the sun set many times, he still finds it beautiful.
"Hm? Oh, yeah, guess it is." Davey said, sitting next to Jasper on the grass without saying a word, then began to watch it set with Jasper. 

Jasper stared at Davey's hand for a moment, wanting to hold his hand, but he came up with the solution of touching Davey's hand with his pinky finger sneakily. Jasper looked at the sun again, sighing in admiration at the beautiful colors the sunset always gave.

"Davey.. I really love the moments like this.." Jasper said wholesomely.
"I know you do." Davey said back, every once in a while glancing at their hands which had just the slightest contact (as mentioned not too long ago.)

~Authors note~
Wooo! How do you guys like chapter 1? I'm kinda proud of this story so far.