Chapter 23

Sonic's P.O.V.
(1 Year Later)
"Hi, hun..." I turned around and saw Rouge walk to my room with a small smile. "How are you feeling...?"

I was living with Tails now since I couldn't stand Amy bothering me and couldn't take care of myself properly.

"Numb..." I mumbled lowly and looked away, her wedding ring was shattering my heart.

"I know it hurts, Blue. But you should move on. Or at least try to distract yourself." She sat beside me.

"I'm not moving on..." I sobbed. "How will I distract myself...?" I looked at her with tears in my eyes. I really missed him.

Rouge smiled softly and held my hand. "How about we go out? Only me and you, two old friends having some fun." She said softly.

"What about Wave...? You're... Married... With a kid..." I mumbled, trying my hardest to keep a straight face.

"She's home with Angela." Rouge shook her head, they had named their kid Angela, which is a very nice name. "I can take off the ring if you want, I know it's difficult for you."

I looked at Rouge and shook my head slowly. "No... You don't have to do that..." I didn't want to make her take off something so meaningful to her. "And you should go with Wave... Angela is still a baby..."

"If it makes you more comfortable, I don't mind taking it off, and Wave is with Jet and Storm, she has company." She smiled softly. "Come on Hun, I promise I won't talk about him." She stood up and held her hand out for me to get up.

I hesitated at first, I didn't know if I should go or not.

Even though I was like this, I was still the hero of Mobius, I still fought Eggman, but I didn't stop when someone tried to thank me or talk to me. Never.

I gave in and took Rouge's hand then stood up. "You really don't have to take off your ring. Please keep it." I felt bad for making her take off her ring.

"Alright, but tell me if you change your mind." Rouge nodded and put on her ring again then started walking outside.

"You got him to leave the house?" Tails asked surprised when he saw us. I didn't look at him, what he said hurt, but I didn't show it.

"Yep. We'll be back in a few hours!" Rouge smiled and walked outside then closed the door after I walked out. "Let's go to the cafeteria, do you want some chilidogs?" She tried her best to make it up to me. She's such a great friend. No wonder Shadow trusted her so much.

I slightly smiled and slowly nodded. "Sure... Chilidogs would be nice..."

Rouge nodded and started walking to the cafeteria, keeping an eye on me.

I was walking beside her, looking down, not making a sound. I tried to keep calm as I felt people staring at me. Ever since the law was canceled, many guys have been hitting on me, some have tried to kiss me without my consent, some even tried to rape me. But I'm not the hero of Mobius for nothing.

I'm stronger and faster than them, I've dealt with worse people in my life. After a while though, it gets scary... Each time I manage to escape, more people try to get me on the bed.

"Let's go sit on the back, I don't want anyone to bother you." Rouge mumbled as we walked in the cafeteria, I walked straight to the furthest table, not showing any fear at all. I'm not dumb to give them what they want. I'm going to fear anyone.

"How's Angela?" I asked when she sat in front of me, I didn't want her to ask anything knowing it'll be about Shadow.

And I don't want to start crying in public.

"She's an angel, I couldn't believe I would love someone so much. She means everything to me, Wave too." Rouge started talking as she smiled brightly, she gets carried away easily when she's talking about Wave or Angela.

I don't blame her.

After a while, she realized I tricked her again and laughed softly. "You're clever Hun, but you're not getting away now. Tell me, will you start watching other men if I helped you?" She said, a little too loud for my liking and looked at me with a slight smirk.

I lowered my ears slightly when I saw all the perverts looking at me, smirking wide and licking their lips in a seductive manner.

Idiots.

"Look Rouge, I-" I was cut off by a loud explosion outside. I quickly stood up and dashed outside, while everyone was panicking and running to their homes, the perverts from earlier too.

Yeah, that's right.

Run, you pussies.

I looked at the fire that was caused by the explosion, a figure walked away from it.

I squinted my eyes, trying to see who it was, for some weird reason, I thought I knew them.

I dropped my ears and gasped when I realized who it was.

"Shadow?!"