Chapter 8

Sonic's P.O.V.
I ran to the town right after we finished the mission, not even waiting for G.U.N. to take us back. I just ran until I reached the town, then stopped and walked to my house.

This took a while, like half an hour or so, but for me, it was like ages since I was impatient and tired.

The whole way I was thinking about my bed. My sweet, sweet bed that is always there for me. And of course my chili dogs. I never forget my chilidogs. Ever.

When I was finally home, I opened the door and shouted to see if my buddy was there. "Tails! I'm home!" I slammed the door knowing he hated it when I did that and waited for him to come yelling at me.

"Sonic! How many times do I have to tell you-!" Yep. He's here.

"Hey, buddy! How have you been without me?" I hugged him tightly, cutting him off from our everyday argument.

"Quiet. Too quiet to be honest." Tails chuckled softly and hugged back. "How was the mission? Did you get in a fight again?" He rolled his eyes playfully and pulled away from the hug.

"Actually... I did..." I chuckled and smiled sheepishly. "But this time... It was bad..." I mumbled and walked to the kitchen to make a chili dog.

"What did you do this time?" Tails asked in a sarcastic tone as he followed me.

"Actually, I have to talk to my mother, want to come?" I tried to change the subject, I looked at him and smiled slightly to convince him. "Please?"

Tails chuckled softly and nodded. "Sure, what do you want to tell her?" He asked and rested back on the counter.

I shook my head. "I'll tell you when we get back. You might disagree with me if I tell you."

This made Tails raise a brow and cross his arms. "Why? What is it?"

I sighed and shook my head as I ate my chili dog. "Nothing."

"Oh, now you're not leaving until you tell me what you're going to tell her." He stood in front of me blocking my path.

I sighed and shook my head. "I need some sleep. Please let me go to my bedroom."

Tails slowly nodded and moved away letting me pass. "Okay..." He mumbled unsurely.

I dashed to my bedroom and locked the door very quietly then plopped on the bed. I stared at the ceiling and sighed, I was hurt from what Shadow said and did, he was the only thing in my mind throughout the whole mission, but I was also worried about Rouge, she seemed desperate for help when she told me about Wave.

I had the urge to cry as I thought about how it'd be if Shadow was in Wave's place if we were dating.

I know, it's stupid, but I've fallen for him.

When I finally fell asleep I saw no dreams, which was strange since I always saw a dream, whether it was a nightmare or a peaceful dream, it was still a dream.

I woke up after a few seconds, or at least that's how I felt because when I saw the clock on the nightstand, it was late in the afternoon.

"Sonic! Wake up!" I jumped when I heard Tails shout and bang on the door.

"I'm up! I'm up! Calm down!" I shouted back, being a little confused and opened the door. "Why so much noise?" I mumbled and yawned.

Tails raised a brow and looked at me with a shocked expression. "Are you serious? I tried waking you up five times!" He chuckled. "Did you sleep at all while you were gone?"

I shook my head and walked to the kitchen. "No... It was too uncomfortable..." I mumbled as I took an apple and ate it.

"Well, at least you slept well today." He chuckled softly and gave me a glass of water. "Get ready after you finish eating, I'll be waiting here." He plopped on the couch and turned on the television.

I scoffed at that and dashed to the bathroom after I ate the apple then took a quick shower and put on the suit that I'm forced to wear every time I go to the castle.

When I was done, I looked at Tails as I opened the front door. "Let's go, buddy!" I waited for him to turn off the TV and walk outside, then I closed the door and locked it.

We both stayed quiet as he walked to the castle, we walked through the forest so I wasn't afraid of anyone seeing us.

I mean, what dumbass would be in the forest?

Shadow's P.O.V.
I was laying on a branch, on a tree deep in the forest, looking up at the sky, hearing the birds sing.

And hating my whole existence.

Rouge is still mad at me, Sonic isn't talking to me at all, and I soon have another mission with both of them! This time though, Omega won't be with us, so it'll be just me while the other two glare at me.

I can't wait.

My ear flickered when I heard footsteps and I sat up to see who it was, hoping that it was Rouge or even Faker.

It was hard to say who it was since they didn't talk, whisper, or make any noise in general.

I hid in the shadows as I saw Miles walk next to... Sonic? Why is he wearing a suit? And where do I know this suit?

"So... What are you going to tell your mother...?" The fox said awkwardly as he broke the silence.

"I'm not telling you." Sonic mumbled, looking gorgeous in the suit may I add. "You'll be mad at me..." He rubbed his arm and looked at the grass then lowered his ears.

Was it about me?