Chapter 26- The great Escape

Start from the beginning

"He really wouldn't tell me anything, about the concussion at least." Lexi insisted, looking down. 

It was still mildly uncomfortable talking about her relationship to Melvin. I don't think even she knew exactly where they stood, so she wasn't going to talk to me about something she wasn't even sure was a thing. 

"I'm sure he knew you would beat him if you found out what he did to me," I laughed trying to lighten the sudden mood change.

"You know I will," She said with a straight face, "If you let me I will go back and give tweedle dee and tweedle dumbass both concussions." 

"I love you," I giggled. 

I checked the time, it was around noon on a Friday. We had spent 5 hours just talking and catching me up on what 

"Isn't there school today?" I asked, time was still a fuzzy concept, not having a phone did that to one.

"Yeah but who cares?" She rolled her eyes and pulled into the McDonald's drive through. There was a huge line. 

I looked at the car in front of us and froze.

"Lexi," I whispered, slowly sinking into my seat.

"What?" She asked. She saw where I was staring and her eyes shot open.

"Get down!" She hissed.

We both ducked down as far as we could.

"Reverse Lexi reverse!" I screamed. 

At that moment a car came up behind us and trapped us. 

"Oh my god," I couldn't help the nervous laughter that escaped my lips.

"What the fuck," Lexi snorted. We started laughing hysterically, of course this would happen.

"I'm gonna pee myself," I choked out between bursts of laughter.

"What do we do?" Lexi said breathing heavily trying to stop laughing.

"Do you have hoodies?" 

All Lexi had was blankets in her back seat, either she got cold often or she was was doing inappropriate things in inappropriate places. 

We wrapped ourselves in the blankets, and found pairs of sunglasses to throw in there too.

"You don't have a hat do you?" I asked.

"Lydia I think this is enough coverage," She said and covered her mouth again with the half a ski mask she found.

"Are you sure?" I asked and adjusted the surgical mask Lexi had laying in the back because her cousin had a baby and she had a cold when she went to visit her.

"Yes, and you're going to get my cold." She laughed.

"I'd rather have a cold than get my ass beat for sneaking out," I laughed.

"I can't believe the one day we ditch they go off campus for lunch." Lexi shook her head in disbelief at the circumstance.

"I think ever since the incident Mom probably doesn't make them lunch anymore." 

"Wow I love your mother," Lexi giggled. 

"I'll have 3 Big Macs, 3 Spicy Chicken sandwiches, 20 piece nuggets, 4 bbq sauces, 6  large fries, and a mcflurry.

"Jesus christ how are they not 700 pounds!"

"Shhhh, they'll hear you!" 

"How many of them are there in there?!" 

"Okay okay shhh, I want a 20 piece nuggets with bbq and buffalo sauce. Make it a combo, I want Hi-C,"

"Hi-C?" Lexi lifted an eyebrow.

"I like the orange flavor!"